2020 Chevy Bolt LT with fast charging

So the first time I tried to do this, I tied to negotiate the MSRP, got it down somewhat, and when i switched to lease they basically acted like I was deceiving them and said that negotiation wasn’t valid for leasing because their commission structure was totally different with leasing and they wouldn’t honor the same price. So I didn’t try that approach elsewhere. so are you saying I should try that approach a few more times though? say that I’m looking to purchase, negotiate down the msrp as far as i can, and if we find ourselves in the right ball park say something like “ok well at that pricing we might need to try leasing” and then switch over?

Also, if I try that, i won’t be able to know whether they have the $2500 dealer cash or not when negotiating the msrp.

Is it possible to do this over text with people or does it probably require the immediacy of in-person?

You should be asking via email for a sales manager to provide you with the current selling price before any rebates and incentives are applied. They were probably using purchase rebates the first go around, which is why they reacted like that, or they were lying to you. Be very clear about this being a pre incentive price that you are talking about, but also be prepared for the $2,500 in dealer cash to possibly be included in the price given to you. So if you get back something that’s around 14% off before incentives you can be pretty sure that they are including that, since it’s not a customer incentive.

alright here is where i’m at with a premier with dc fast charge and driver confidence II (which is what I’d like to get ideally) at a dealer I’m trying to work with:
MSRP: 43,955: Sale Price: 42,592. They mentioned that they had all the incentives so that puts me at 11150 incentives. Doing my own calculation, that puts me at at 11476 on one pay, or with no drive off (except 1st month) thats like $363. I feel like that’s terrible, because I’m seeing better on rodo by like 1000 more off msrp. I tried to get them to push the sale price to 41000 to no avail. So my options are:

1. Take rodo instead
  2. attempt to renegotiate lower in person
  3. switch to LT
  4. wait for more premier stock.

I’m tempted to do 4), but I’m worried by the time they get more premier’s they’ll a) not have all these incentives and it’ll end up being the same or worse b) I really do need a car sooner rather than later, so i’ll have to be paying some rentals in the meantime, and it might not make up the difference.

I think you should try to find some other dealers too. You should be at 40,213 before incentives and dealer cash, or 37,713 before incentives but including the dealer cash. Tell them to call, text or email you when they are willing to come down to there, and start widening your net on cargurus for a different dealer you are willing to travel to if necessary.

yeah trying my best to find more dealers. there’s very few premiers left, so people aren’t trying to budge on their pricing.

Where in Bay Area are you from?

oakland, but i’m looking all around. the list in car gurus looks pretty meager within 50 miles of me. and a few of the places that car gurus says has stock claim that they don’t when i call in.

Chevrolet of Watsonville has 6 or 7 listed in stock. 65 miles away from Oakland.

I got a quote for a Prem. with MSRP of $43,xxx(almost fully loaded) for $307(36/10k), $0 due at sign. from a dealer, and can’t get it lower…
Edit: If you want it, let me know i’ll give you my contact . but you do have to qualify for conquest($500) rebate.

Looks like a fantastic deal, but doesn’t look very reproducible for the rest of us.

that sounds good enough for me tbh. was it tough to negotiate them that far down or?

I’m trying to get it down to $250($0 DAS) like some deal on this forum, but no luck… It was tough, they seems like don’t want to do the deal anymore if I keep pushing them, we can see Bolt shortage from SoCal to North, so they are not willing to go lower.

Yeah I hear you. that’s been every dealer’s attitude with me, even when i’ve been physically at their store. Here’s the price: take it or take a hike.

I hear you, I just got another quote for a LT(MSRP 39k), they want $3800 down and $250 a month. What a joke, when I ask for breakdown, just silent… I’m sure people who’s not on this forum will take it but not us… we know better lol
But how far would you go for a Bolt? <— Sound like a Nespresso commercial.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaLw8bklpgc

1 Like

Couldn’t get it from the dealer you gave me. He said he couldn’t get the same price however I just picked up 2 of these (one for myself and one for a friend) for $6785 one pay.
Price included loyalty though.

3 Likes

nice deal! can you share the detail? MSRP and etc

MSRP $38,245 (So with dcfc)
Selling price $35,850 (with educator discount)
Rebates $12,650
This is in norcal. Tax rate @ 9.25%

Gm pricing can vary greatly by region, the same with EV due to many reasons. You have to check the deals with the correct region

I took the last 2 vehicles the dealership had. So they are out for now.
https://www.gmeducatordiscount.com

1 Like

Thank you for the link to the Educators discount.