2020 Chevy Bolt LT - NJ - $6512 One Pay - $1512 After NJ Rebate

It’s a GFCI breaker, not an outlet :slight_smile: so I’m sure the cost is more expensive. And then I’d need to shut off power to the whole panel because I’m a pussy, which means resetting all of the clocks and devices.

Yep, those go for about $50…I end up replacing one of those every decade too, most recently on the pool equipment box, kept throwing when the pump fired up. Replaced, and good to go for another decade.

Yup, I’m sure a new one will fix it. Just another thing to add to the list of repairs I need to get to. :wink:

Great deal! Forgive my ignorance, but how come no sales tax?

There’s no sales tax on electric vehicles in New Jersey.

2 Likes

Wow… that is amazing. No sales tax and a $5,000 rebate? Why would any NJ two-car household not have at least 1 electric?

Some three car households have two :rofl::joy::rofl::joy:

That is amazing! anything like this can be done in Florida? Im guessing not so great rebate but some maybe?

Most people don’t know and aren’t able/willing to get this deal. A lot of houses here are older - built in 1950-1970 in most suburbs and earlier in most cities, so a lot of houses can’t handle charging an electric car all that well. The car also just doesn’t work well for a lot of people. It’s not that comfortable IMO and the ride is pretty garbage on our shitty roads. Now, I may be biased because I come from pickup trucks and luxury cars.

Is there anyone who knows a dealer that has a Volt stock???

Wish I was kidding…

Is that your car?

No that’s a new, in stock 2018 Volt. Been on the lot for 2 and a half years. Interestingly enough, a 2 and a half year old Volt Premier has adaptive cruise and a new Bolt Premier does not? I’m sorry, but that’s bananas.

Has anyone run into a situation with a dealer not understanding single pay? I have been in contact with a dealer over the past week and had to explain the single pay and drop in MF the other day. They just got back to me and tried to say they need to check with management because he believes MF is capped at 1%, single pay should drop it to 0.02% down from 1.27% per the calculator. This is a first I’ve heard of this. I know there is a max cap, but nothing about a minimum cap.

1 Like

The minimum money factor is 00001. They can confirm that with GM Financial or their finance manager if needed. This happens quite a bit, many dealerships don’t know how to do them.

1 Like

Thanks! It seems that way and they tend to get a bit confused. Hoping their finance guy or GM will confirm this and it won’t cause headaches or have them make excuses on why they can’t go lower than 1%.

Yes. It’s pretty common along with Toyota dealerships not knowing what MSD’s are. It’s typically when the F&I Managers are lazy and don’t know what they’re doing. Most sales people won’t know about it, but someone in F&I and a manager should.

I was told by a sales person at a dealership that the monthly money factor was lower than the one pay, 00053 vs 00073. It took quite a bit of convincing to prove them wrong.

On a somewhat related note, I called the Charge Up NJ number today to check the status of my rebate. My application is 3013 filed on 9/7. She said they are almost up to my date to review the application, then once it’s approved it will take another 45-60 days to receive the check.

Then it’s taking around 3 months to get $5000 back?