2020 Bolt LT - Rodo ($170mo, $2565 DAS) - Socal

So I’ve been trying to jump on the Bolt incentives and have been striking out with nearly all dealers I’ve talked with (inventory dwindling, not budging much on MSRP %, etc.). Still have a couple in the race I’m optimistic for.

I’ve been checking Rodo here and there for the hell of it and found originally a LT with DC Fast Charge for $184mo / $2584 DAS on a 36/10k. Low-balled an offer and they came back at $170mo / $2565 DAS. I’ve accepted and am ready to start passing my info over - though very cautious once the dealer connects they’ll get screwy with the numbers.

Pricing breakout attached at bottom (note $2565 DAS is off and still showing $2584 but check individual price roll up).
Been trying to replicate in the calculator but without seeing what the exact MSRP was and not knowing the sale price, it’s a small stretch. But it would seem to me that if this is legit, it’s gotta be around the 14% off MSRP, though however that is divided between incentives and straight discount likely falls out in the DAS. Residual and MF in the calc are based on Edmunds for zip. Assuming the $7250 lease incentive only.

Any tips to vet this and any experience with Rodo deals?

Dude, where!? I want if this is all true. Please let me know if you get the deal completed, and what you end up paying all in. Ty!

Consider one pay to lower MF to basically 0?
You don’t qualify for conquest?

Dealer discount includes $2500 dealer cash.

I’m not sure what flexibility I have to rework the terms, never done Rodo before; gonna chat with a rep tomorrow to understand the process from here. Otherwise I would try a one pay and would qualify for the $500 conquest incentive.

The price that I got for me in Orange County:

How do you talk the price down on Rodo?

Add to your favorites and then, in faves page, you can click Make an Offer button.

Just following up for anyone curious. I was hesitant to hand over my details on Rodo to run credit without having any direct engagement with the dealer to see the pricing and terms matched. I contacted someone directly with Rodo and interesting they pivoted and said they’ve been having trouble with this dealer and getting them to terms with Rodo users. He specifically cited a “number of Bolts” with this dealer that are in limbo (my words, not his) for lack of better terms. Apparently they are escalating with their west coast rep and told me to sit tight before sending any more information (would’ve been nice to know earlier but glad I called). He said if by the end of the weekend things weren’t worked out with this dealer they cancel the order and help arrange something else for me (skeptical…).

Thus, I’m pretty sure this will probably fall through but will update otherwise. Not feeling very confident about using them in the future with this information.

Typical Rodo Honcker bait switch bs. It’s truly not their fault, dealers just now constantly game their system like they do all other platforms and use it for lead gen. Let us know if you actually gets your car at the price.

1 Like

Getting a car from Rodo is honestly the way car buying should be. It cuts out the middle man and just makes it so easy. This is why so many EVs on the roads here in California are Tesla’s, no bull car buying should be the way. I say it’s not Rodo’s fault completely, it’s the dealer not selling it because they’re wanting to make some money and be the middle dude. Car dealerships take note!

What? Rodo is the middle man.

8 Likes

Do you work for Honker… uhm I mean Rodo? I got a message from them about a customer offer in OC today. lol we canceled them a year ago and they are still sending us customers. Not sure about the company but their commercials on the radio are cool.

2 Likes

In a way kinda, but mostly no. They’re trying to get you a car without the added fees and add-ons that dealers use to get you to spend more $, at least that’s what it seems at first glance. I have had dealerships left me with “bad tastes in my mouth”, I’m always telling people to avoid due to bait and switch.

Nope, just a gal trying to get a 2020 Bolt LT that’s going to be a deal. I’m trying to make one less car gas driven! No more being a “gashole”! Hehe. Maybe you can change my mind by swinging me a deal on a Bolt, SOCALChevyPro.

No. They are not just Teslas, they are Model 3s and they are that many because in that price range they are way above competition on anything ev related. It’s lack of choice and restricted supply on the ev market that drives people to Tesla.

1 Like

Lack of choice! Haha! Hardly, I’ve been driving EVs since 2011 regularly and that was a time where you could say that. Wouldn’t ever own a Tesla because I’d like to support other car companies EV program here in California. Also, you can’t lease from Tesla unless it’s for business car, which I don’t want to buy until I can get a EPA 250+ EV used for a decent price. Which I’m hoping will be the case in 3 more years (when my next lease will be over). I’m no novice to EV, I’m even in an EV documentary.

I’m thinking you are joking or something. There is no way one person that drives ev post some many incorrect things about them. What do you even mean Tesla doesn’t lease? The Model 3 has no buyout option at the end of the lease but other than that they have leases. The choices remark was aimed more at the supply side of things. There is no other ev under $45k with over 200 mile range that is not supply constricted or intentionally limited making getting deals on them hard outside the regular compliance sales. You have about 30k Bolt sales per year cap, maybe 10k on Konas, Niros, Leafs…that’s it, that is your “so many choices”. Maybe you think you know about evs more than you actually do.

I know you are on a high horse and all, but I’m not here to piss anyone off. Choice is a relative statement and I’m saying that we have more choice than back in 2011. I never said they are at parity yet as far as choice compared to combustion engine cars. That’s were I’m coming from. I’m not looking at it from an economic standpoint because frankly I’m just a car buyer and I want to drive an EV. I agree that car manufacturers do need to step it up and the government should put more pressure on them to meet the demand to drive down cost. Lastly, I know R&D doesn’t come cheap though too. Please, just messing with you and the “pearl clutchers” here. Peace man!

I can assure you, @Mark.ca isn’t on a “high horse.” That said, he’s one of the most knowledgeable people on this board when it relates to EVs.

This is what I’ve got so far in Colorado, I don’t really want a premier, still working another dealer on an LT, trying to get that one to $180ish with just first DAS, we shall see as the end of the month is fast approaching. I don’t feel like the cash is going to go away on these, despite the standard salesmen lines. All the dealers here have $500 to $600 doc fees, I rolled it into the price. Rebates include lease cash, dealer cash, gm card and conquest

1 Like