2020 BMW X7 Lease TX

Can you elaborate electric?

Think I figured it out. Do you have loyalty? If so the your stated SP, driveoffs, CCR all match.

No, but they may have given it to me. The GSM was very motivated to help me get into this car…

Looks like you got invoice price then.

Invoice is only 4K below MSRP?

So if I got invoice and lowest MF, wouldn’t this be a pretty good deal for this car specifically?

Passable as they just don’t lease well but that’s a lot of money down, however in your situation with the LTV thing it’s not like you could cap it instead.

That was truly my only option. But I justify it by the low MF. If I had done MSD’s to buy it down from .002, I wind up not far from same amount down but still higher monthly payment.

Yah, but you get it all back in the end and there’s no risk to losing the money if the car is totaled.

True but this money I put down comes off monthly payment. So it doesn’t just disappear. Monthly payment with 0 down would be significantly higher. I’d assume somewhere in the $1300 range. With 0 down and MSD’s, you put the MSD money down up front AND still have the higher payment.

A totaled car is the one wild card. But that risk goes down with every month, as you can think of me getting $300 back monthly each month I drive it.

True, although I’d be willing to bet your net cost over the life of the lease would be a good bit less with MSDs. Yah, your monthly cost would be higher but it’d end up costing you a lot more money in the end.

How could it be less with MSD’s if I already have lowest money factor? Can I buy below the .00145?

Yes, MSDs buy down the interest rate below the base interest rate.

Ok. I thought you could only buy down to base. Not sure how to calculate it, but would be interesting to see difference of putting 6K to MSD’s and keeping 5.5 down. Also with all of it down, I’m not paying any interest on that portion. I’d assume you’re right, but might would be interested to see how much the difference would be.

And Austin dealership at first told me they didn’t do MSD’s anymore. The sales manager later told me that was wrong only after I told them I found a better deal at a different dealership…

So plugging numbers into the leasehackr calculator with you putting down 7 MSDs, so 7700 worth of MSDs and 5500 down will save you at least $1500 over the life of the lease.

No MSDs

Total 3 year cost is $46428

With MSDs, total 3 year cost is
$44949

That’s 13.2 money upfront. I am only paying 11.5 up front plus first month

Enjoy your X7–they’re magnificent beasts!

But don’t go thinking you’re the only person in this community who can drive cars that have $90k price tags. There are a lot of folks here earning a solid living.

Hope the transaction goes smooth.

:bat:

4 Likes