2020 BMW X7 Lease TX

I did open the post and I do visit the forums (not particular the X7 side but X1). You just proved my point. You are active on the bimmerpost forums with the other fanboys therefore you fanboy on the X7 on this forum.

Haters gonna hate… yes I’m on the X7 pages… BECAUSE I drive an X7… why waste time one a page for a car I don’t drive??

Any hesitation when accelerating at low speeds in the 40? I test drove one and felt some hesitation but it might have just need the one I drove.

The goal wasn’t to show “oh this engine is great.” It was to point out that people with 50 wish they had gotten the 40 and will do so next. Also, those who drove both variations thought 40 was plenty for every day driving

I have a 740 myself, and the drive is plenty for work and business. 750 would just be great if I had more money than I needed

I do understand that and everyone’s got a right to their opinion. You guys jumped on @Electric for saying he feels its underpowered and then put up a fanboy website. He gave his honest opinion so don’t try to discredit it.

I don’t feel any hesitation. No question that the 50i clearly has more power. My point is that the 40i has lots of power and I can’t imagine a time where I’d need more. With the fuel saving and MSRP saving, I don’t see a reason in which I would get the bigger engine next time around.

Cool thing about Texas though is that one-pay leases require only 1% sales tax on the vehicle. For those who have money up front (maybe not X7 money but a 3/4 or X3 loaner) it’s a great deal.

1 Like

Nobody dogged his opinion, we were all sharing information.

You’re such a troll

1 Like

I have the 50 and dont for a second think that I would want the 40. Never driven it in the heavier X5 and X7, but based on my 50 feel, i would guestimate that an X7 at least would be a bit sluggish. But then what are we comparing to? I have the QX60 as well and the non turbo v6 mated to the cvt truly shows the mismatch to the weight. That car is painfully slow. Have to rev up to 5k rpm just to make it kinda accelerate in sports setting.

BMW split the 50i to 40i as about 5 to 95% so yeah the majority of buyers are the 40s and they know their market.

I am at 580 hp in the X5 at this point and push the car daily while still getting around 14 mpg mixed.

If i would get the 40 ever I would certainly flash it to the 400+hp which would make it a truly comfortable daily driver just a bit behind a factory 50i and this is the cheapest and best solution to satisfy 99% out there.

To “sameday”
There should be no turbolag. You drove in Comfortable which creates the delayed response per the mode. Put into sports and drop the shifter to sport as well. You should then test appropriately.

2 Likes

Solid feedback. Do you have any experience flashing these cars? I’ve been curious to learn more about that

I think the m50i will drive that 5 95 split more in favor of the 8 cylinder. There’s also a Alpina on the horizon I believe

Not much turbo lag, BMW geared these things more or less appropriately for the 40i but it could really do with about 50hp/tq more and I’m certain that if I wound up in a 40i (It’d have to be a smoking hot deal regardless) id at least JB4 tune it.

DME tune and other well known tuners have reasonable choices for the 50i and 50i engines…they both boost up about the same via remap and a modest 3psi boost at around 100-120HP and TQ on top of factory figures…which pretty much make a 40i into a factory 50i and a 50i into a still non-existent X5M.

Yes they will still all drive and feel differently and I would love to test drive a boosted 40i if any one has one locally in FL, just to compare, but this is a true easy solution which only costs a maximum of maybe 2 lease payments worth on a 40i.

So yeah in the above scenario I MIGHT fully load a 40i and get it to 420-440 hp via remap just so it is drivable without compromise…especially an X7.

Hi, Just to confirm that I can join and submit the rebate to BMW CCA within 15 days AFTER signed the lease contract?

Did you check on CCA website? I would check and confirm by calling them in case rules changed.

We will likely be in the market for an SUV in 3 years.

To me, 5.8 seconds to hit 60 mph in a 40i would seem like an eternity, so the 50i or the M50i would be the only two choices for us.

And the M50i is only $7,000 more than the 50i.

With all of that said, I would not spend four figures a month on an X7. We’ll see if this is an obstacle in 2022.

1 Like

Could luck getting a M50i for 3 figures a month without a sizable down payment… I don’t see them dropping the MSRP of a M50i down to 60K anytime soon…

I didn’t say that I wouldn’t spend four figures a month on a vehicle…

I was referring to THAT vehicle.

I’m aware of what you meant. And like I said, I don’t see them dropping the price of an M50i down to 60K anytime soon…

Leases on $60k BMWs have been in the $300s and $400s lately.

On 4’s yes.

Some however have scored M4CS and 7’s in the 600’s with 6 figure stickers.