2020 BMW X5 m50i - Lease Deal

Did you get the 22" wheels? I like the look of the 22" but worried it will deliver to rough of a ride.

I did get the 22’’ wheels w/ 2 axle air suspension though. Hope the ride is still good!

1 Like

how does it drive? do you feel like it’s that much faster than a 5.0 or does it hide the power well.

Which dealer are you using? I am in market as well for this vehicle

For those of you considering an x5 m50i would you get it with the dynamic handling package or leave it with the M suspension? Never owned a bmw or M car so not sure which is better??

it’s not going around a track, waste of 2k or whatever the cost is. I think it just gives you an even closer feel to a x5 M suspension than the standard suspension in the m50i.

1 Like

My 2015 x50i had the M Sport Suspension, no DHP, and that thing felt amazing hitting corners considering it’s size.
If I remember correctly the M Sport Suspension was $975 while the DHP was closer to $4k.
Having children would be my excuse for getting another x50i. The power and torque combo is something most SUVs can only dream of.

1 Like

m50i has the adaptive M suspension which is an option on the 5.0, your comparison is spot on.

The m50i is a good bit faster than the 5.0 with a 4.1 0-60 vs a 4.8 0-60, it is a huge difference in real life when accelerating from 35/45/55 mph, I think a jb4 on the 5.0 if it’s offered would bridge the gap. But yeah very very fast suvs.

1 Like

Ah, Adaptive M Suspension…that’s the option I had.

it’s basically air suspension lol, fancy way of saying it. Makes the suv really feel like a well handling car in curves.

1 Like

Had to login to correct your post - it’s fast but this wont beat a v8 mustang, sorry to burst your bubble. its the weight

lol

You got me on 2017 and up but anytime a 5k lb suv is giving a 3800 lb pony car a run for its money just give the suv its props, and at least the suv isn’t prone to go into crowds. :joy::man_facepalming:

Sure, have all the props. :slight_smile:

used to stomp on kids Vettes and Mustangs in a 2012 x5M, forgot the m50i wasn’t full blown M for a second.

1 Like

Aside from additional HP; what would the 2020 x5m have over the m50i? Thanks for all the feedback on the DHP.

it would be a true M car, better transmission that shifts harder and faster, more powerful and upgraded engine to handle more mods, Louder exhaust (take that for what it’s worth cause the new M cars aren’t very loud, maybe more pops and burbles? Stiffer suspension, Possibly a selectable awd with the ability to go full rwd like in the m5, more power will be shifted to the rear, and probably a host of changes that they will list in the brochure. Basically it will be faster, louder, more powerful and tighter handling. Question for you is it worth waiting and how much more is it worth paying for you? I expect this car to start out in the mid to upper thousands when it comes out. (monthly lease payment for 10k miles)

m50i 0-60 in 4.1
X5 M 0-60 in 3.3-3.5?

1 Like

So i guess the better question to ask…what are your thoughts 2019 x5 50i vs 2020 x5 m50i? The 19 would have the Dynamic Handling Package and only 75hp less. Are we getting anything more than the 75hp if the 19 has the DHP? Is an additional 10k justifiable? Ive never owned a bmw and was pretty set on a x7…but recently felt the x5 was enough and more fun to drive. First world problems i know but love talking cars and learning.

the m50 in itself is an upgrade over the 5.0, it comes with the M style body and rims, besides the more power the transmission will be upgraded as well, suspension doesn’t change much if have dhp or at least I’m assuming (maybe the m50i is more stiff in its stiffest setting)

10k if justifiable for the m50i, faster and more powerful + m body (usually a 5-6k option on all the series and X cars)

Whether it’s worth it to you that’s for you to decide the application, if you are a leadfoot with need for speed and don’t mind going toe to toe with v8 cars on the highways probably the x5M will be best for you, if you want something in the middle the m50i is the best, if it’s gonna be a kid hauler go with the 50 to be honest even the 40 is enough.

1 Like

So many good points! Thank you Mak! Honestly, this is soley to smoke Cayenne driving soccer moms around town :joy: the wifes GLS 550 just wasn’t hacking it. next time im on carpool…game on!