2020 BMW 530E Lease - Is this a good deal?

Hey Hackers, need help looking at a deal I am being offered right now. What do you think of the offer for a BMW 530E with convenience package, drive assist, and parking package? The MSRP is $58,845.

I am being offered it at 1500 down and 550 tax included a month for 36 months, 15,000 miles. I checked edmunds and I believe the current residual is 55% and MF is .00128 .

I see someone else on another thread got a more expensive car with zero down (true zero) and 644 a month tax included in the same general vicinity as me.

Thoughts?

1 Like

You need to provide all the details… not just money down and monthly… fees, MF, taxes, number of miles on the loaner, etc.

Hi Britten,

DAS is 1500 no other fees.

MF is .00128

This is new, so no miles on loaner.

residual is 55%

Mileage is 15,000

What was the selling price? Looks pretty good for 15k miles. Tax rate?

Hi Socal,

Not sure of the selling price the number I am looking at on the calculator taking out loyalty and this month’s incentive effective sale price is $51,550.

tax rate is 7.75%

You are guessing… what is the doc fee and DMV? You know they are charging you base rate MF or just assuming?

Just ask them for a deal sheet to check the numbers.

That’s as much info as I have. They won’t give me a deal sheet until I come in so I backward engineered the numbers from that using December data for MF and residual in my area from edmunds.

They can mark up the MF so what Edmunds says is irrelevant. If they are unwilling to give you the deal sheet, good reason to question the deal. It could be legit and they don’t want you taking to get it matched at another dealer, or there are other fees hidden in the price.

Pretty easy for me; send the deal sheet so I confirm the numbers or I’ll go elsewhere. Don’t go in person as they are going to show it to you and expect you to sign immediately.

1 Like

Well he did try telling me the December incentives had changed even though I know that is categorically bullshit from basically everywhere.

I think it’s a bit of both. I’ve also agreed to a deal on a car multiple times and he’s had to ‘trade for them’ and they haven’t been magically available.

A dealer who won’t share info, that’s a red flag to go elsewhere.

1 Like

The dealer won’t tell you how much they are selling the car to you for? Why are you still talking to them?

The base MF is .00128. The correct residual is 58%.

We talked more in terms of down and monthly.

I have no intent of keeping the car after the lease.

Seems average. Had I taken 15k on my lease would have been 430 a month with 2200 down. With zero down would have been a little under 500 including my 6.35 tax but for a car with 60.5k MSRP.

I just got another offer from another dealership which seemed extremely average to me but did have the options and color scheme I wanted.

MSRP 60K
Sale 51K after 10% and the current rebates (2K loyalty and 1250 lease credit)
MF at .00128
Residual: 58%
Tax rate 7.75%

36/15K miles

1500 DAS and 635 a month which seemed like an extremely average every day deal.

Selling price should be around 12-13% off prior to factory incentives for it to be a good deal with base MF. You don’t know the selling price or actual MF being used.

What are the incentives? Do you have loyalty?

Incentives are 2k loyalty and 1250 lease cash on the 550

Based on the rough numbers it seems really good but I bet there is a catch… “$1,500 down” could refer solely to cap cost reduction and actual “due at signing” amount is much higher.

The 1500 is DAS and includes first months payment. The 635 is tax included. I confirmed that. The car has the options I want too.

This is the second deal. The LH score is only an 8

Why not get a loaner?