2020 BMW 440i Lease

Hello,

New to the forums here, have been researching leasing a BMW 440i for a few days. Apologies if I exclude any needed information.

I’ve reached out to a few dealers here in NorCal about 2020 BMW 440i Coupes. There’s one in particular that I’ve been communicating with a dealer about: M Sport Package, black sapphire metallic paint, red dakota leather, heated steering wheel and navigation.

Car has an MSRP of $60,910 at the dealer right now, but in building roughly the same car on Edmunds, I arrived at an MSRP of $58,985 with a True Market Value of $53,734. Shared this with the dealer, who sent me an MSRP breakdown, showing a total suggested price of $57,315.00 wholesale and the $60,910.00 MSRP. The dealer then told me that the TMV of $53,734 would be a “heavy discount,” but that it’s doable.

So, I’m plugging these numbers into the Leasehackr calculator, because I’d like to show the dealer what I’d be comfortable paying per month and why. I don’t know the Money Factor for this model however, and I’m also not sure what to put for the Residual. Does anyone know what these numbers should be?

Also, any idea what percentage off the MSRP I might reasonably be able to expect? I’m hoping for $0 down with monthly payments of around $500, which sounds like a big ask to me. But the redesigned 2021 models will be out next year, and the dealer seems like they’re willing to work with me to move the car, so maybe not?

Would appreciate any help determining the MF, Residual, and what percentage off the MSRP I can reasonably ask for. Thanks!

The Edmunds forum specific to the year/model is where you want to post asking for RV/MF/incentives

You can look through any of the broker threads to find this information. It isn’t very hard to find

I’ve found a few threads with the MF and Residual for a 2020 440i, but sometimes the specs are different and other times the vehicle is located in a different part of the country. I haven’t been able to find information that is specific to this car or my area as of yet.

Post on edmunds and ask. Should be the same mf and residual anywhere but the regional incentives will vary.

Incentives can be region specific for bmw. But residual and mf are not.

Did this, thanks

You can calculate the residual value yourself by looking at the BMW advertised special on their website. Base MF is the same nationwide. The BMW wiki is a wealth of information

I found the numbers I was looking for via Edmunds, thanks to those who pointed me in that direction.

$629/month for 36 months with 12k miles per year at $0 down. This is significantly lower than the $725/month that was quoted to me originally, and based on a selling price of $53,734, which is 11.8% off MSRP. Would it be reasonable to ask for a higher percentage off MSRP?

Where is your locale?

Northern California (edit: Bay Area)

Do you know what incentives you’re applicable for?

Yeah there’s a $1,750 lease credit, which I already have factored into the calculator

Shame you don’t have loyalty, corporate, or at least an OL code…Penfed?

You need a lease sheet, you don’t know if they are including the rebate in the discount and you’re assuming they are using buy rate on the MF

I’m thinking about making this deal. The car has the M Sport Package, black sapphire metallic paint with red dakota leather, navigation and a heated steering wheel.

Dealer MSRP is $60,910, but Edmunds showed an MSRP of $58,985 with a True Market Value of $53,734 when I built a car that had more features. Shared this with the dealer, and they told me that the TMV I showed them is “doable.” So, the figures below are based on that 11.8% off MSRP.

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2020 BMW 440i Coupe
MSRP: $60,910
Monthly Payment: $629
Drive-Off Amount: $1,120
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 12k
MF: .00128
Residual: 59%
Incentives: $1,750 lease credit
Region: Northern California (Bay Area)
Leasehackr Score: 8.5 years
Leasehackr Calculator Link: https://leasehackr.com/calculator?make=BMW&miles=12000&msd=0&msrp=60910&sales_price=53734&months=36&mf=.00128&dp=0&dealer_fee=85&acq_fee=925&taxed_inc=0&untaxed_inc=1750&rebate=0&resP=59&reg_fee=400&sales_tax=7.5&demo_mileage=0&memo=&monthlyTax_radio=true

I’d like to ask for 18.6% off MSRP, which would put my monthly payments at $499 as configured. I’m not sure if I’d be overreaching with that figure or not.

Good points, thank you. What is a buy rate for MF?

What you have .00128 and don’t make duplicate posts

Sorry, I wasn’t sure which of these two forums was a better place. My bad.

Could you clarify what you mean by “you’re assuming they are using buy rate on the MF”?

Well in all your numbers that you have posted, you are assuming that the dealer is using the MF of .00128, until you have some sort of screenshot or lease sheet you don’t know what MF they are using. They probably have it marked up and that’s why your numbers don’t match their’s. They might have some aftermarket add ons as well.