2020 BMW 440i Lease

All makes sense, thanks.

I would hope there are no aftermarket add-ons to a brand new BMW, but they could definitely be using a different MF. I was initially quoted $725 a month with $0 down, but that was before I showed them how unreasonably high the MSRP seemed to be. They already seemed to indicate that they’d be open to a discount of 11.8% (the Edmunds TMV I shared with them), but I have noted other posters getting between 15%-20% off MSRP for similar models. A lot of those were 2019 model year, though.

Aftermarket add ons don’t mean cheap wings from AutoZone.

More like cheap window tint, paint protecting films, nitrogen for the tires, undercoating, etc. Very very common, even on new BMWs.

2 Likes

Thank you, I’m learning so much through this thread! Has been a while since I’ve gone car shopping.

Oh my personal favorite is phantom footprints, sonic loves those

2019 deals are a different animal than 2020s. You won’t come close to those.

I think you’re probably right, at least for now. I’d imagine that whatever 2020s they have left in their inventory will be on a fire sale mid next year, since the 2021 4 series will be completely redesigned.

After showing the dealer the Edmunds True Market Value of $53,734, they indicated that it would be possible to get the MSRP down to around that number, which would be an 11.8% discount to their current listed $60,910 MSRP.

I figured they might be willing to go even lower and that we’d arrive at a monthly lease payment of between $500 and $600 with no money down, but certainly not these $400-$500 per month deals we’ve seen with the 2019s.

I might be a few months ahead of myself though, the real deals on the 2020s will probably happen next year.

Did you end up getting a better discount off MSRP? I’ve found in Northern CA on the 2020s they haven’t been willing to do much beyond 12% (if that)

Yep, same boat!

I’ve communicated with a few dealers, and 11%-12% is as low as they’ll go. All of the cars I’ve communicated with them about have been similar 440i Coupe models with the M Sport Package.

The best offer I’ve received is $620.24 a month for 36 months and 12k miles. To confirm, they were using the MF of .000128 and 59% residual. No money down, but with taxes and fees the drive off would be $1535. (Obvs I could get the payments lower if I just chose to put more money down on the lease.)

One of the dealers actually showed me their wholesale invoice, and I think I understand the position they’re in. They stand to take a big loss if they go much lower than 11%-12%, and too big of a loss would offset whatever manufacturer incentives there are to simply move as much inventory as they can in a given month.

I’m torn, because ultimately I think $620 a month is fair right now, but I know I could get a better deal if I waited until closer to when the 2021 models are released next year. Will probably spend a few days thinking on it.

1 Like

Make sure in your calculator you enter the incentives as taxed in CA. If you had an OL code that could go as untaxed.

You sure you don’t qualify for loyalty? Any registered BMW or Mini in your household would do. I mean, you have Bimmer in your username :+1:

I actually had been negotiating for over a month with Fremont BMW on a 2019, agreed to move forward but was out of town this week and they refused to sign remotely yet all these brokers do with maverick notaries all the time. Then they tell me this morning they sold the car last night. Really annoyed. So back to square one too. I have a 2018 440 that I can re-lease for $600 a month for another year (BMW finance is honoring the quote after they screwed up and realized it should’ve been $800) after talking to a manager she agreed to honor. So I might just keep the car and see where the deals land on the 2020s in a few months. Only issue is paying the registration on this car if I don’t keep for the full year and then paying registration again on a new one and whether or not they will pull forward the lease payments.

Ah, BMW of Fremont is Autonation right? I’ve heard so many horror stories about Autonation, I’ve avoided all Autonation dealerships in my own search. I hope you’re able to find something that works for you! I’ve found a lot of similar models at dealerships throughout the Bay Area, so I’m trying to be patient and not worry too much about one of the models I’ve inquired about being sold.

Yes - Autonation and not close to me - I’m SF. But I had gotten them down to 15.5% off MSRP before incentives and OL code of $1,000 on a new 2019 (ie wasn’t a demo). It had all that crazy m performance and sound $3,500 (not just the suspension), with the upgraded tail pipes, grill, fin, etc that I didn’t want - but at $407 a month didn’t care. Agreed with assessment on Autonation - they are a bit sketch but this particular SM I thought had been ok until they pulled this.

Not sure if you picked up a car yet but I ended up finding one of the last 440GCs left at BMW Mountain View (yes another AutoNation so I was leery) but got 16% off before the $6750 in rebates and another $1,000 OL code so worked out to around $360 a month with MSDs and zero down. I was negotiating on another 2019 a Sacramento BMW who also agreed to match the 16% before incentives and it has the M package (but because it’s the 2 door vs GC I went with the GC). You would also end up around $360 or so there too if you have the OL code. It’s the black sapphire 440i

can you share more, like to replica