2020 Aston Martin Vantage 39/5

You also only retire once. Well ideally.

1 Like

fwiw, I donā€™t want an F-Type either.

Ehhh, Iā€™m not worried about retirement TBH. Iā€™m contributing a decent percentage of my salary towards my 401k and I started early enough that the compounding interest will help significantly.

I just looked at a calculator, and if I retire at 65 with 8% gains and 2% inflation, Iā€™ll be able to withdraw 4.5x my annual salary in future money, or about 2.5x my current salary when accounting for inflation. This is assuming very modest raises and no bonuses.

That also doesnā€™t include any of my other investment accounts and income from rental properties. I do want to buy another investment property before I get a new semi expensive sports car though. Hopefully Iā€™ll be in the financial position to do that in about 12-18 months. Who knows with this virus thing though.

2 Likes

I had my eyes on a Levante demo over there awhile ago trying to find something new for my dadā€¦it didnā€™t go well.

I want details yesterday, come on dude, we are all stuck in quarantine.

It wasnā€™t really interesting, just a lousy lease quote on a loaner. They wouldnā€™t sell it for the same selling price as a purchase for whatever reason and it just killed any hope of a deal.

1 Like

I dealt with their Maserati people years back when they had just started stocking Alfa. I wanted to take a test drive of a Giulia and the sales guy would not let me drive it. He pulled it out, drove me 5 mins down the road and then legit had me drive it back at 25 mph, then had me get out so he could park it again. I did not bother to walk back into the showroom with him afterwards.

2 Likes

The juvenile in me wonders what would happen if you sign a $1k $0 down lease on one of these and pile letā€™s say 50,000 miles on it in the 39 monthsā€¦ Thatā€™d make it even more worth it. Whatā€™s the mileage overage charge anyway?

Aston Martin charges $1.50 a mile for every mile over IIRC, so I would not recommend doing that :stuck_out_tongue:

Ah yes, that would add up quickly.

I saw this and thought Iā€™d share it.

Aston Martin is doing crazy deals on the Vantage.

2 things to know:

• 5k miles a year. So unless itā€™s your second car or you donā€™t drive much youā€™ll need to pay to increase that.
  • It requires conquest which from my brief research includes Porsche (All Models), Bentley (All Models), McLaren (All Models), Mercedes GT Series, Audi R8, or Jaguar F-TYPE.

MSRP $183,977

$1,195 /MO

$1,195 per month (plus tax) | 36 month closed-end lease | $5,000 due at signing | 5,000 miles per year limitation ($1.50/mile in excess) Based on Los Angeles County tax and license | On approved Tier 1 credit with Chase | Includes Vantage conquest | Former demo | Offer expires April 30, 2020

https://www.ogaracoach.com/lease-specials-in-ca?make=aston+martin

Hope this helps someone.

Already posted 3 like this on east coast. East coast is 0 down and higher monthly. Also letā€™s be fair, if you can afford an Aston, you can afford a daily driver.

1 Like

Itā€™s crazy how mass produced they are nowadays. Our Aston Martin store just got a massive shipment in and the parking garage now has 2 full floors of Astons. Iā€™ll have to snap a pic and post it on LH

6 Likes

:drooling_face: :drooling_face: :drooling_face: gotta last them for a while, heard from a broker that heard from his dealers that BMW canceled june allocations, this might be bad.

That sounds like heaven

2 Likes

Last time I was there the 900k Vanquish Zagato Shooting Brake was sitting there. I was drooling over it for a few minutes.

2 Likes

Are the new vantages any good? Iā€™ve heard mixed feelingsā€¦

1 Like

They had the zagato inside South coast plaza which I thought was bizarre. an almost million dollar car not even with any type of barrier. Iā€™d still take a vantage at these lease prices, cheaper than a 100k 911, but Iā€™ve heard the same mixed reviews.

Yeah Iā€™ve looked at the 911 as wellā€¦better as a purchase. You can build a decent base model for around $107k plus taxā€¦3 years and decent miles later that car is worth $75-80k still ā€¦which is $27k/36ā€¦$750 per monthā€¦not badā€¦

1 Like

Youā€™re right, I built one for 107 on the dot that I liked. But holy, the lack of standard features on this is mind blowing. 4K for memory seat option?