2020 Aston Martin Vantage 39/5

Just give it a shot, the worst is they say “no thank you, please come back when you can do it”.

I’ve had a Chinese student try to 1 pay a lease on a SVR and he was rejected for creditworthiness (only had a 3 series on his credit). Chase is picky, happens all the time.

You need to build up to a 200k car. You can’t go from a 50k BMW to a 180k Vantage in their eyes (although it’s nearly possible that the payments are in a similar ballpark if you got hosed on the BMW). They want to see a progression or something to back it up.

I’ve had a few dealings with Miller Motor Cars, and they are so professional and courteous even when I asked for deep, deep discounts. If anyone is seriously considering, ask for Lisa (hopefully she is still there and not fired or furloughed).

Oh, actually their Maserati salespeople were a disaster last year when I called last year.

4 Likes

Aston martin is definitely tougher than Lamborghini and McLaren however the make enough money point still stands, and you conveniently missed the credit history part at the end of my post. Age is a huge thing as well,

Make it long story short my dad went after his first exotic in the early 2000s, he had owned mostly domestics and Japanese cars prior(less than 50k), he went to am, Lamborghini, and ferrari to inquire on a few different cars and got accepted by all of them (ended up with a Lamborghini but w/e) Income was reaching 6 figures a month with upward trend and 5-7 years of history, excellent credit score and a large amount of tradelines.( and yes they actually wanted and received his tax returns)

So no history is not needed… I know plenty of mid to late 20s businessmen driving around in exotics. the biggest difference between the Chinese student and mid to late 20s/early 30s businessman is that said business man has the income and credit to back himself up. The bank is a lot more assured by someone working with consistent income than a student no matter where the money comes from.

Also keep in mind leasing has changed the game, on a 200k salary post tax it’s extremely hard to justify spending 3/4/5k a month on a financing payment unless you want to be in debt for life. Just my 2 cents.

I’ll have to respectfully disagree with you here. The reason your father was approved is that he had heavy income, and multiple trade lines. Most people I come across are light, maybe 2-3 cards, a paid off auto or two, and a mortgage. Chase is extremely picky, and will reject or stip for everything under the sun if you are making a significant jump into new territory (ex Velar to a Full-Size ATB).

I didn’t conveniently miss anything, I was simply illustrating a point that while the average joe that makes 150k a year and has a 750 auto fico could afford the Vantage payment discussed above, the applicant would likely be rejected based upon the MSRP of the vehicle. Even in a one-pay scenario with “good” credit, many applicants are denied for that reason.

So yes, you are technically correct that you don’t need “history” if you’re an anomaly with a six figure monthly income, T1 credit, and multiple closed lines but yet have somehow never owned a vehicle over $100,000.

2 Likes

This is cheaper than my kid’s preschool tuition. FML

5 Likes

It’s still more expensive than the average mortgage of a typical American house. Same as the COVID stimulus check that’s supposed to last 3 month.

1 Like

Many guys are too busy busting ass in their early 20s to have time to think about a toy, it’s only when they solidify their business and settle down into work life that they go after these kinds of cars whether it be in their late 20s, early 30s or even early 40s. Many simply drive “normal” car like a mercedes, bmw, etc etc So it may not be normal for a guy like that to get a car of this nature but it certainly isn’t an anomaly.

The point I was trying to make was many people who are now leasing these cars simply can’t afford to finance the same car or don’t have the stats to finance the car. Which would be a red flag to a bank basically renting out their 6 figure asset.

Take for example this AM at $196k if you put down $25k you have to finance $171k for say 60 months at a rate of what? 3-5%? Without taxes and 0% interest your payment is $2850 so add what $400-$600 after taxes and interest equating to a $3300-$3500 a month car? People who are making 200k a year make 16k a month average minus taxes you could be anywhere from 11-13k?

Can you afford a $4k a month car on that salary? you probably need to double or even triple your take home to get a shot with no prior history.

So if somebody is making $200k a month with no prior cars over 100k wouldn’t you as a bank be red flagged too? Now if said person is making $400/500/600/ even 1m wouldn’t those people usually have a larger history, more tradelines, lower risk to the bank? Even if they didn’t own a car over 100k the bank see’s their large tradelines and diminished risk… hence me saying money talks… but yeah you’re right too, credit and history speaks too.

Checking in from NJ. You couldn’t buy a cardboard box and have a mortgage of only $1200. $1200 is like the property taxes alone.

3 Likes

From what I’ve heard Astons income threshold is pretty high. If an applicants income is not $250K+ they want to see a 4 digit car payment on your credit history. That’s what I’ve heard at least.

Yeah, but in Jersey, this lucky Aston Martin Vantage owner doesn’t even pump his/ her own gas. Taxes well paid!

1 Like

Well, found another. 999/month with 0 Down on an ex-loaner Aston martin Vantage Coupe. Sticker is 174k, this doesn’t have the first three months paid, or the 39 month term.

Car is sold, but this beats in terms of payment the last Aston that rolled through @ 1199.

Calling @fredyge94 and @vhooloo, Vhooloo add this to your 2020 depression cake list, and Freddy, you were right, these are crazy.

Fine print.

Summary

CLOSED END LEASE FOR STOCK #A1472B - EX-SERVICE LOANER. $999.00 PER MONTH FOR 36 MONTHS. 5,000 MILES PER YEAR. $0 DOWN PAYMENT. INCEPTION FEES INCLUDE $475 DEALER CONVEYANCE FEE, $1195 ACQUISITION FEE, $695 DISPOSITION FEE. LEASE DOES NOT INCLUDE APPLICABLE SALES TAX AND REGISTRATION FEES. SUBJECT TO TIER 1 CREDIT APPROVAL. MUST TAKE DELIVERY BY 3/31/2020 OR WHILE SUPPLIES LAST. PROGRAM OFFER AVAILABLE THROUGH 3/31/2020. OFFER APPLIES ONLY TO THIS 2020 ASTON MARTIN VANTAGE (EX-SERVICE LOANER). MUST QUALIFY FOR FACTORY CONQUEST INCENTIVE. SEE SALES ASSOCIATE FOR FURTHER DETAILS. DEAL #35873

3 Likes

When I look at this car I see F-Type.

Better than looking at a Maserati and thinking Fisker Karma no?

Maserati, yes.

With the right wind, the Fisker makes parts of me throb.

1 Like

Wholly depends on the salesperson. I had one Maserati rep over there give me a quote on a GT lease on a Friday afternoon at 2:00pm then sent a follow up email to me at 4:45pm saying that due to the fact that I didn’t get back to him in due course he no longer wanted to do business with me. WTF? I was amazed at the ballz on the guy; made a deal at Maz of Morris County less than 24 hours later…

That aforementioned salesperson no longer works there BTW…

1 Like

stimulus check will cover a month sweet with a dollar left over for gas

Right. It’s a lot. Multiply that by say 100 million people who are getting checks, and you have 3 MILLION Aston Martin leases give or take. They sold 6000 cars worldwide last year.

I hope some people say what the heck, life is short, let me get one of those.

Honestly, if I didn’t just buy a house and spend a fuck ton of money renovating it, I would be tempted…It’s a retarded thing for me to do financially, but you only live once.

7 Likes

That’s the nicest thing anyone has ever said about the f-type.

1 Like