2020 acura tlx a spec fwd $40,425

Below one of the LH broker’s number but IMO Rodo number is great.
Your are saving roughly $1k
BTW. This number included loyalty

Not mine, i don’t touch lexus, i hate the brand lol

2 Likes

Upps sorry for that.

200 a month means nothing without any other info. How many miles ? How long of a term ? Tax included ? How much down? Broker fee? Factor in everything and I guarantee your 200 turns into 300 at least. To say that nobody wants this car is absolutely ridiculous. I see people on these boards leasing accords and camrys and Hyundai’s for more. If they knew they could lease a sub 300 Acura TLX, they would be all over it.

3 Likes

Check my sheet

1 Like

Just did. OP deal is 10x better than your deal. You assume 750 conquest + 750 first responder. Your only 10K miles a year to his 12k. His is a 36 month and yours is 24 months. Your base is 222 with 2200 due at signing on a 24 month term. That’s an additional 93 a month paid over the term, so now your 222 is 315 per month and only 10k a year. Take that residual down for 12k like Op and your lease is almost the same as his, only his is a 40k Aspec.

1 Like

I’m having difficulty finding the post where anyone said the OP deal was bad. Can you quote it for us?

I’m not comparing but op had a 2700 trade used as ccr

Well, it appears he has a trade that was originally planned to cover the DAS amount and then instead he paid it in cash and took a check for the trade equity.

Factored in his 2700. No money down lease and he is about 353 for his aspec. 0 money down on your base and you are around 330 per month (12k) and even higher without first responder as well. Point is simply that TLX is a pretty nice car for these numbers and the response was basically for you saying “nobody will touch it” at 200 a month when your deal is far from 200 month.

I think you mean the 2015 design change? The 2009-2014 TL went upmarket and was only available with the V6 (3.5 on FWD, 3.7 on SH-AWD). It was a full class above the 3rd gen TL and current TLX in every way, plastic chrome beak nonwithstanding. The 2015 TLX replaced both the TL and TSX and was intended to split the middle of both whilst covering a much larger price range, thus making nobody happy.

But yes the next TLX looks like it should be pretty tasty, and it’s finally getting a competitive powertrain :slight_smile:

You don’t think that his trade was likely worth way more than what they gave him for it, allowing them to dump the new car? Dealers make a killing on used car sales, it’s a huge profit center for them because the used car market has so many inefficiencies.

Also would point out that the 24 month program on the TLX is way better than the 36, so if the dealer was truly dumping it, they would have given the client the best program. Before you say that spreading costs over 36 months is better, I agree - acura does a 6 month extension with a simple phone call. OP left probably a few thousand on the table by not pushing for the better program.

I think all in all the OP did great on his lease. It’s hard to comment on his trade in as we don’t know anything about it. 6 month extensions are not the norm and you still have earlier disposition as well on the 24 month. Sometimes saving a few bucks isn’t worth the hassle and no chance he could have done a whole lot better. A couple hundred bucks maybe at the most.

I wasn’t talking to about the '09 redesign & I-4 as mistakes that happened at the same time but counting them as separate missteps.

As an owner of 3rd gen type S, I don’t think the 4th gen was that class above. It was heavy, bulky, lost its sportiness and handling (SH-AWD helped) but overall it lost it’s sporty DNA.

True.

1 Like

no doubt, but we have no idea what the store was seeing on the back end of the trade in. they probably made several thou on the used car, allowing them to dump the new car as a cost of doing business.

we should agree the best looking of the bunch was the 04 model. second best was the one right before it.

I can agree with that. That was the design that made me fall in love with the TL but I love my 3rd gen design too.

I really love the 3G Type-S and was on a mission to buy one (while being filled of hate for the 4G) until I drove a 4G SH-AWD 6MT, which I owned for about 120k miles. That car was a total gem and the handling capability was incredible for its girth - you’re right about it feeling very bulky. The FWD 4G TL’s were a total mess lol. One of the reasons I fell in love with the 10G Accord enough to buy one is that old school Honda lightness and nimbleness to it that every Honda/Acura product from the last 15 years has been missing :slight_smile: that’s why I’m so excited for the next TLX!

Me too!!! I’m hoping that it will make me fall in love with the Acura product again.

I can write a thesis and a lesson how to ruin a brand the way Acura toyed with post 08 model line up.

They had such a well defined space in the market.

RSX - entry level sportiness
TL - bread and butter
RL - that up scale luxury…

They botched up with trying to fill in the segments with just no uniqueness…ILX, TSX etc …

It pains me till today

1 Like

Phenomenal deal… plain and simple. Awesome car. Well done!!

1 Like