2020 Acura MDX tech and down pymt question

I personally didn’t think Pohanka was anymore competitive than dealers locally, which surprised me given the experience some on AcuraZine seemed to have. They also refused to send me a deal sheet citing competitive reasons though I couldn’t get them to line up anyway when they were verbally shared.

Because unlike you, I did my homework on the Acura … I can tell you this is a 16% discount before incentives and without the 2k loyalty factored …
So perhaps I can dig up a post of yours where you say a 12% discount is “aggressive”

I’m sure the OP would appreciate you posting the incentives from Washington DC in this thread instead of holding them close to the chest through pages of discussion on what’s available.

2 Likes

You mean, rejoice the 2021 MDX is a new design, hence the possibility to snag a 2020 for $300!

1 Like

Already answered 4.2k incentives … There is only 32 pages of RV and incentives on the Acura at Edmunds, so yes, it is being held close to the chest…

Which is not what edmunds said and is also not the incentive with the non-subvened MF, which is what would cause $11k to possibly not be a good discount…

So what is the incentive with the .00225 MF in DC?

You take their 4.5k incentive plus their 7k discount and you plug in the standard MF (0.00058) and tell them the numbers…

You said you did the research and made your comments off of that… so just tell us what the non-subvened incentive amount is for DC for the MDX tech. Why are you beating around the bush?

Me no understand these big words like “non sub-invented”
I only understand discount, incentive, MF and residual…

Is this statement directed at me? I am looking for help…which advice am I not listening to?

Pohanka is who I got the original quote for 3k down 509 for 7500 yr/36 plus my 11k miles rollover. They are now down to 455 month same mileage/down payment/ terms.

That is still an effective payment of over 530 a month for only 7500 miles per year. Given the redesign you should be shooting for the stars. Have you played with the calculator to figure out what type of discount you need to get at least into the mid 400s?

1 Like

I guess that’s my final question. There’s a deal listed in the “deals” section here…can I ask them to match it? Define shooting for the stars…a 20% discount?

Acura offers two lease structures sometimes… A non-subvened MF (.00225 usually) with a large incentive and a subvened MF with a reduced incentive.

In this case, Edmunds is showing the subvened MF if .00058 with $4450 in incentives. They aren’t listing the non-subvened rate.

We know from the OP that the dealer is charging .00225 MF, which means they’re using the non-subvened rate and the larger incentive. Without knowing how much that incentive is, one doesn’t know what the pre-incentive discount is. Lately, it’s been hovering around $8kish.

If the discount is $11k, and $8k of it is made up of incentives, the pre-incentive discount is nowhere near 16%.

1 Like

You need to find out what the incentives are that go with the .00225 MF to know what to target

1 Like

Stop talking to dealers until you know what this should cost.

1 Like

Roger that. Thank you for your patience…i truly appreciate everyone’s help here. Just trying to do my best. Im going to ask original dealer what incentives go with the mf she gave me.

1 Like

The Acura incentives are direct to dealer. Her answer will be “$2000 loyalty”.

1 Like

From edmunds:

With the 00225 mf the incentives are $8250.

1 Like

Alright, now you’re getting to a place where you can start to put together your target deal based on the current lease programs.

Your original deal sheet had the discount at $11750, meaning $3500 was pre-incentive discount, putting you at about 6.5% pre-incentive. There is definitely some room for improvement there.

3 Likes