2020 Acura MDX tech and down pymt question

Hi guys. Newbie here, Washington DC area. Spent last night reading through the site and still have so many questions.

I’m currently in a 2018 Acura MDX tech 12k/36 $507/month 3k down. Very beginning stages of talking to original dealer about Acura pull ahead on a 2020 MDX tech. My current lease expires 12/31/2020. I currently have only 26k miles on my 2018. Silver lining of covid was not driving anywhere!

My first question is, I’ve seen so many posts with people only having to put 1st month and taxes tags dealer fee down, and the payment similar to my current one? Is this just you guys with stellar negotiation and working the numbers down so that you dont have to put a down payment?

I dont have all the numbers yet but she gave me:
MSRP 52525
Selling price 38775
7500yr/36 months plus 11000 miles roll over
$509/month

I cant get the numbers to workout. Read on here that I need to find out if they are rolling the remaining payments into the new lease or if acura is acually “waiving” them. Also is it ok to ask her for the MF? I see there is a loyalty of 2k need to find out if I’m getting that.

I dont understand why my payment is the same on the new lease with less miles per year as it is on my current lease. Seems like the mileage surplus I have should translate to less money?

I feel already like she is jacking me around.

Appreciate any thoughts!

1 Like

Acura won’t waive the remaining payments. They’ll either buy the car from you (not likely) or they’ll roll the payments into your deal (most likely). I’ve also never heard of any manufacturer rolling your leftover miles in to the new lease. You’re likely paying for those as well. It’s a use it or lose it part of your lease contract.

I’d highly suggest checking Carvana and Vroom about buying out your current lease, and then negotiate a deal with the dealer without your current vehicle as part of the equation. Too many hidden parts of the transaction for them to gum up the numbers for their benefit.

2 Likes

She said the miles being rolled in are Acura loyalty. Here’s the paper.

2 Likes

AFS does have 3 month pull-ahead and they do roll-over unused miles from a previous Acura lease.

7 Likes

Welcome! You’ll never come up with the right payment in the calculator if you don’t know the MF. Definitely ask for it and then go to edmunds mdx lease forum and verify they aren’t marking it up.
Don’t forget, you’re paying the difference of what you buy it for vs the residual value (pretty low for a 3 row). If that variance is more than your last go around, you’d be paying more this time.
You might find a broker valuable since you’re newer to leasing.

1 Like

Did you get the MF from Edmunds forums?

2 Likes

There’s no negotiating that has to happen here. You just tell them you want $0 das and they structure it that way. You can put however much down you want.

2 Likes

I dont understand how though because the payment is nearly the same…if I put 3k down and my payment is 507, how is someone paying about the same with no down payment and the same lease length? Apologies if I missing something obvious :blush:. Seems like the payment on for the no down payment should be higher than mine putting 3k down, right?

I dont see any listed in my zip code. Does it make a huge difference?

Well, that’s a different story.

Is there pre-incentive discount better than yours or do they qualify for more incentives or are the mf/RV terms better for them?

1 Like

You post on Edmunds and ask for your zip. There’s no listing anywhere.

And yes, it can make a huge difference.

1 Like

Ok i will do that now :blush:

No answer to my edmunds post. Acura sales person just sent me this.

Be patient

A random list of numbers from the dealer without any context doesn’t do you any good

2 Likes

I asked the dealer twice for the mf and the rv and she has responded once with “hang on” and another “with clients”. :thinking::face_with_monocle:

Why?

Which is great, but

You put down $3k to reduce your payment, and every month early you exit your lease, you lose $83 ($3k / 36) in prepaid utility. Not putting anything down at least ensures you only pay for the utility you actually get from the lease.

11k discount, 2k loyalty? I am in!!!

2 Likes

You think this is a good deal??? Need advice!

Yes the discount looks strong.

1 Like

Find out what MF. If they used the higher mf it comes with the 8250 rebate so discount might not be strong.

1 Like