2020 Acura MDX tech and down pymt question

When you ask twice and still don’t get the answer to your question, you should interpret their response as “find a new dealer”

1 Like

Does it? How can you tell without knowing what the incentives being applied are?

2 Likes

Still no response.

From edmunds:

.00058 and 52%
$4450 incentives

Dealer just responded:

Res 28363.50 54 percent. Mf 00225.

@pollypocketz So the dealer is marking up the MF.

Not necessarily. Acura often offers two rates… A subvened MF with a reduced incentives and a full-fat MF with a larger incentive. .00225 is Acura’s standard MF (although it usually drops to .00215 when loyalty is applied). That suggests that they’re applying the larger incentive, which is padding out that $11k discount.

6 Likes

@mllcb42 Good info to know.

That is only a 3500 Discount…or 6.6% off …other brokers and dealers on the site are at around 10% off preincentive…

1 Like

Do i respond to the dealer with the edmunds info?

Beware - Acura 2021 MDX is a new redesign …hence the rush to sell 2020 off their lots

But that should mean good deals on the 2020s, yes? Isn’t the general rule of thumb not to buy the first year of a redesign?

Yes it typically harder to get a great deal on a new model. I think the sweet spot is in year 2/3 as more deals to be had and you’re not getting into a dated car. Personally if I were going to lease right before a full redesign it would have to be one heck of a discount (which doesn’t look like your deal).

1 Like

That’s what I’m trying to work on and going to use all of these bullet points as my bargaining chips to try to get the best deal possible on a 2020.

You should do more research to find what the incentive that goes with the non-subvened rate is, so you know what the deal you have in front of you actually is.

1 Like

Message Edmunds back. They will likely tell you the MF should be .00215 (I had loyalty so mine was this amount). If they confirm this to be the case just tell the dealer the MF is supposed to be that figure. If they don’t budge on the MF find another dealership. Edmunds can also confirm if this comes with the $7,200 Incentive. The higher MF typically is associated with a much large incentive than the lower MF. I know it is $7,200 for the base MDX but it MAY BE different for the Tech MDX.

With regards to down payment every dealer in the DC area can do a $0 down. Pohanka and Radley were most willing to work deals. I just purchase an MDX Base AWD so this is based on what I gathered at the end of July.

One final note. The incentive may be taxed in DC. So ensure you know exactly what you owe upfront before going to the dealer. Is it really just the first month or is it the first month and a tax payment.

1 Like

Got a quote from a competitor this am

Plus:
Please see the attached quote for the new MDX lease. As discussed, we will cover your 4 remaining payments. Also as discussed, your new comes with the following:

• Free Synthetic Blend Oil and Filter Changes (6 Total- $600 Value)
  • Lifetime Free Car Washes at our Customer Accessible Facility
  • Free Loaner Vehicle for Repairs
  • Free Shuttle Service

Original dealer just responded without me telling her I got a competitor quote:

3 k down. Plus first month. 7500 lease plus 10k roll over 455 a month.

You’re not listening to any of the good advice here.

All you’re doing is copy/pasting quotes hoping some random stranger on the net will give you the thumbs up.

1 Like

But is it ok I give the :-1::-1::-1::-1::-1::-1::-1::-1::-1: to OP’s recent quote.