2019 VW Arteon 2.0T SE 4Motion

For sure! Haha!

1 Like

Ford Fusion PHEV with 36% I think.

2 Likes

OOF, that’s bad, like used car prices on Ford Fusion energi bad.

In its defense, most cars that were gas cars converted to electric had piss poor residuals. Looking at you, e-Golf.

1 Like

Arteon deals have been terrible, I’d look for something with tax credits, that’s the key in Texas

@Excalibur72 - I have a thread on here (see below) that may put some things in perspective. In short, and to echo @joeblogs - Arteon deals are not the greatest (~42% RV). The best I was able to do on the SEL R-Line 4 Motion was $505, $0 DAS with them rolling in ~$1200 of my previous lease into the mix.

VW Arteon Deal Check - Brain in a blender

With that being said, I loved the car and I hope this helps you going forward. Best of luck!

@captainPeirce1991 @joeblogs the final numbers i got for 39 month lease $487 down, $487 / month lease. VW will take care of last two months of my current mazda cx5 lease $610.00. It did not sound good to me. So i walked away from the deal.

He also offered to talk to his Manager for a 0% 72 months loan with no payment for 6 months. But the down payment was like $4 k. The car has been unsold from last year and i am not sure why they were trying to play hardball with an interested potential customer!!

I doubt they are playing hard ball, they are probably all in, the lease just sucks on that car.

2 Likes

VW isn’t taking care or anything. You’re rolling those payments in. Remove them from the equation and you’re sitting at ~$450 with 1st DAS.

I don’t think it’s fair to assume they’re playing hardball. Car just sucks as an overall value and does not lease well.

Got you. i have come to conclusion, it is better to buy a used car from cargurus or carvana rather than chase lease deals. I still have this month and next month to get a deal.

Negative.

Especially if you care about worry-free driving.

I know this is leasehackr, but, if you really like the car, are you willing to see what he can come up w/? I have a Golf Sportwagen (I know, totally diff car) that I purchased at the end of 2018, and VW dealers literally were offering $5K off of MSRP (~$27K) w/o you having to ask. One dealer offer $6K off on a SEL (MSRP ~$31K, IIRC).

Yes i asked him to come up with Final and Best offer. So far he hasnt. I am not going to bug him.

We don’t encourage to negotiate in this manner as it’s not really negotiating… he may have provided his “best and final offer” initially.

How many other vehicles have you gotten quotes on? Just because the Arteon leases terribly you shouldn’t write off leasing a car, there are plenty of deals to be had, just need to put the work in. A dealership will make more money selling you a used car, so they’ll appreciate that though.

I tried Kia seltos - three dealers in frisco, VW - Mckinney and Richardson, Hyundai - Plano and McKinney, Mazda - Mckinney, Denton, Mesquite. It is not that i am not trying.

agree that i have to work actively on deals. i could have had a good deal from a mazda cx30 from McKinney but had to walk away as they asked me to come to showroom to sign the papers. I developed cold feet due to covid19. MSRP - 25,000 (preferred package), 300 per month (inc tax), dealer discount - 750, Loyalty discount - 1500, Down payment - 1,500.

Cold feet is something else. Not a symptom of Covid-19. You’re fine.

That’s a right shitty discount. I’d get cold feet on that just on principle.