2019 Volvo S60 T6 Momentum AWD Lease Wanted

Maybe they have, but after starting up the 2019 S60, there was almost a minute of really slow screen operation. It is hard to change up the climate and seats settings. After few minutes it is fine. I wish they made the climate settings as buttons, and rest on the screen.

@dmitry The dealer did mention it takes about 1 to 2 minutes for the touchscreen to warm up with all the functions, may annoy me after thinking about it. I agree, physical temp buttons in addition to the touchscreen are needed if this is the case.

Do you know if remote start /connected app are options, or can be installed, i forgot to askā€¦

For fun I inquired about a demo S60 T5 with premium and multimedia, msrp $48415 and what discount they could give, realizing i was crazy for asking for 18% off msrp after reading some posts on here, but since its a demo (not sure how many miles yet) figured id roll the dice.

Think dealers prob more like 9% to 10% discounts max on demos???

It gets quite annoying in the colder time. You can subscribe to Volvo On-Call to start the car from your phone, but that is extra per month.

I will be frank with you. The S60 is a great car, but coming from a Q50 Hybrid with 360hp and a powerful V6, this car will be a pretty significant downgrade with its 4 cylinder (not even going to talk about the T5, that car is comparable to the Q50 2.0T, acceleration wiseā€¦the T5 being even slower). If you have the Q50S trim, the seats with extra bolstering are very comparable to the R-Design seats. The base model S60 seats arenā€™t as good.

So here is the question. Would you rather pay 600/mo for an S60 T6 or a Q50 Red Sport with the updated software? If you can live without the HUD and Car Play, I think itā€™s a no brainer in this case. The amazing performance, ā€œpredatorā€ design, and fun to drive factor of the Q50 is what really matters in making your drive an enjoyable one, putting a smile on your face on a daily basis.

I am guessing you would also get a loyalty discount if you stick with Infiniti again.

The Q50 has remote start included, so that takes care of that.170c2052fab4fead183bd3fadd6addba

Yes, Volvo-on-call app.

Demos wonā€™t be ready to be pulled out until late March at the earliest. And then the discount may probably be offset by mileage penalty.

@dmitry you def make a good case to stay with infiniti, and would be easier to work with on a deal for sure since im currently in an infiniti. Thinking about it, if Im going S60 it would have to be T6 with R Design, sat in one and the napa/stitching/bolstering def had a more sporty feel comparable to my Q50, plus want AWD up here in NJ. I have time/thinking to do but the bug has hit me. Damn new cars.

The R-Design will definitely be pricier, in the 700s range. As for seats, I really enjoy the Q50S seats with the additional bolstering. Once you get too many adjustments, it gets harder to find the right position for comfort.

I also like the fact that Infiniti has a high quality BOSE audio system. The speakers in the S60 sounded very poor and weak in comparison (Harmann Kardon).

But again, the Red Sport is a whole different performance league, yet yields 25-27mpg in regular driving.

The driving experience of the Infiniti is drivers oriented. It is very planted and secure.

Take the S60 into a sharp curvy turn at a higher speedā€¦and it will feel a little insecure, as if you are over steering.

I tested that, and the Q50 just took that turn like it wasnā€™t there.

Try the Q50 Red Sport, and then make a comparison for yourself :slight_smile:

Yikes? A new Volvo? Good luck with long-term reliability. One of the bottom ranked companies on Consumer Reports overall list and actual owners typically arenā€™t too happy with their vehicles if you read owner forums.

1 Like

That is true. They do rank really low.

Live and die by Consumer Reports then, I guess.

Sales Satisfaction Survey, is the satisfaction of the sales experience at their dealer not necessarily the product.

2 Likes

Notice how I also said actual owners donā€™t have good things to say about themā€¦

1 Like

I would assume Genesis is ranked so low on that satisfaction survey due to the fact that you have to buy a car at a Hyundai dealership. Wonder if the new standalone Genesis dealerships will change that perception?

1 Like

I have heard good things about the Genesis, know a couple people that have 2016 or newer. JD power awards do seem to be pay to play though, definitely would take with grain of salt. In terms of Volvo issues I do know the XC90 was plagued by some electrical issues during redesign of 2016 as well as eating brakes very fast.

For a 3yr lease, not wortied about longterm but will take all the comments in here as you guys know cars. I have seen some very positive reviews of the the S60 so Im surprised therevare so many possible issues. Obv between a red sport and an s60 you go red sport, i get that, i may also look into bmw, audi, lexus, etc. Im a tech guy so i love gadgets and such so when i saw the s60 dash, i was impressed, obv audi prob blows it away.

Buy Buick over Acura then.

Are you the actual Volvo owner? Iā€™ve had at least 7 Volvos and 3 Subarus with no issues. Yet I had only one VW with a faulty DSG from day one.
I guess Iā€™ve been extremly lucky and extremely unlucky at the same time over years.

2 Likes

In New England, I can get you 9% off a new T6 before rebates. Will be under 500 w up fronts.

1 Like

I will take - neitheršŸ˜‚