2019 s60 t8 r-design

Here is the most (likely useless) insight I can offer:

The T6 -> T8 is about $8000 more MSRP. The Incentives are about $6000 more (so you’re carrying $2k more cap cost).

The T6 had a 2% higher residual, about $1000 or 25$ month benefit on a 36 month lease.

The T8’s MF converts to about 4% and the T6 1.1%

If you like the T8 shop the T8. If you want the deal, unless someone is trying to eject a T8 old enough that it should be a waitlisting for kindergarten, the T6 should pencil out more favorably.

If your dealer has both a comparable T6 and T8 RDesign you’d take, let them know you want the best deal between stock # A and B and see what they say.

My 2 cents.

1 Like

Who’s the dealer? You can PM me.
Edit: Never mind, I know. Maybe try the other one also (they have 2), this one was playing games with me but there is new SM, so who knows.

1 Like

Keep in mind that some states and some power utilities offer post sale rebates for the t8 being a phev

Not in VA…

1 Like

Don’t do this deal. A 58k S60 is like a 100k 3 series. You can lease much nicer 58k volvos for much less

1 Like

Even at the 41.5K selling price it is not a good deal?

Don’t listen to him. He doesn’t understand it’s a T8 with the same sticker as fully loaded T6. And there is $11k allowances

2 Likes

I’d love to see what a 100K 3er (That’s not an M3) looks like. Have seen some M340xi’s that were approaching 80K with port added wheels but nothing that crazy yet…

You can’t even add Merino or Nappa to them AFAIK.

What should be the total incentives be? assuming A-plan is it 10852+1500=12,352?

Does the ideal 12% deal sheet look like this?

12% disc calculator

Wow $463/mo, lowest they have offered is $512 in a questionable worksheet. Thanks to Urus for pointing out the double destination charge.

A plan locks you in at ~6% discount. You can’t negotiate a deeper discount and stack the a plan bonus. Don’t use a plan and certainly don’t tell them you have a plan because you’ll be dead in the water with it.

1 Like

So is 12% discount plus 10,852 incentives (T8) best possible? If I can do $512*35 payments out the door, seems like that is right there? ($17920)

Updated calculator Link -12% + 10852 incentives

That certainly is doable. No guarantees that dealer will do it.

Well, in theory the last offer was $512/mo with $0 DAS drive off. So that should be $512 x 35 payments.

You are not getting 0 DAS, as I told you already. There will be $995 acquisition + $512 first month. They do it all the time. The same as I PMed you:

Ask @AP919 about her experience with these guys :grin:

1 Like

Damn. I had a deposit on the car expecting $512 and $0 DAS, is what they said verbally. I’ll hold firm and ask for an actual draft lease agreement before moving forward (or taking you up on Falls Church or Annapolis)

0 and $512 on their “deal sheet” means 0 down, not 0 DAS. And you get only 9% discount with destination added back in, like I said. They must return deposit by law.

1 Like

But they don’t have to make it convenient or easy to return the deposit. Plenty of dealerships I’ve given deposits to never returned them. Eventually, after months of waiting, I just filed a dispute with the credit card company and got the money back. I let the bank deal with the dealer.

I absolutely refuse to give deposits anymore. I don’t care if I lose the best deal and don’t get what i want. Dealers lie all the time, just like buyers do.

Remember when they told me they fired the SM? Hah.

1 Like

They will, it is the law in MD. Just ask @AP919 how she got hers back