2019 Ram 1500 longhorn lease advise

You and dealer are way off. Now we don’t know where you are, and location does matter for level of competition/dealers willingness to deal, but i don’t think it’s impossible to get where you want to be.

But you will need to learn all the info @LeaserOC referenced. Dealers don’t give great leases right off the bat, they want to make money from average person who knows nothing about leasing. To get a good-great deal you need to walk dealer into it. Say I want x% dealer discount on car, there are then x in manufacturer incentives I qualify for and base MF is X. You should know what payment those numbers will result in before giving them to the dealer.

Thank you EC99 I will continue reading to have some more knowledge of how the leasing works. I’m still confused with all the terms used for the leasing. This is what the dealer said “MF at tier 1 is .00120 and residual at 36 months for 12000 miles is 51%.” The MSRP is 66,940. Sell price 54,439. 764 +++ no down payment.

Edmunds doesn’t have much info on this truck, you would need to ask a question for the MF but I would guess it’s a little marked up.

Otherwise deal doesn’t seem terrible. Just no way around this trucks horrendous RV. Expensive cars and low RVs make for high monthly lease payments. People are getting Tacomas for 2xx a month cause that truck has RVs in the high 60s and 70s. Of course it’s also much older design and much smaller.

Either way, I’d keep learning about leasing. Will save you money now and in every subsequent transaction. Once you get a better understanding, you can then decide whether you want to move forward on this truck knowing what your options are and that you got the best deal possible.

Or 83%

1 Like

Dont compare deals to the ones people on edmunds get… Those are not good deals… They think theyre good deals because theyre all getting the same crappy deal so they dont know better.

This is a HORRIBLE deal…

1k a month can get you a tesla, gtr, range rover, audi… Pretty much anything… Probably even a raptor…

1 Like

Where are you located, Texas? What’s your zip? $4100 in taxes.

1 Like

I assume that’s in response to me mentioning Edmunds. We always tell people to go there for MF/RV. Nothing to do with sample deals they post. Don’t want to confuse the OP.

That is correct although OP is considering 36 month leases and Apples to apples, 36 month RV is below 80%. Also based on lease docs, OP seems to be in tax upfront state so probably wouldn’t want 24 month lease anyhow.

Yes correct, edmunds should be used to get money factor, residual and incentives for the person. Thats it though lol

I’m in Miami, Florida 33027

1 Like

@naderade
I didnt think they had lease support on Raptors…

you really arent getting any lease support on this ram deal lol. Maybe it looks like you are but the dealer has made up the difference elsewhere in payment

You might be better off buying this truck. Ram currently has 15% cash allowances this month on all trims not counting Raptor of course. Between the 15% cash allowance and a 10-15% dealer discount that would knock about $20k off sticker on a purchase. Perhaps it would it be possible to look at 3rd party bank leasing options on this taking into account purchase incentives?

I’ve been doing the math and the most I’ve seen in discounts has been 25%.

Do you guys think there’s a difference in incentives for each state? Out of Florida there are discounts up to 30%. I’ve gone to dealers in Florida and they say that 25 to 30% off is BS. I even show them their prices and they say that it’s just too bring me into the dealer. Any thoughts?

Yes and yes… the incentives vary by region and lots of dealers will post prices that no one (dead or alive) qualifies for.

Dealers are such pain in the rear. I went to a local dealer that had a similar truck that I wanted and gave me like a 20 % off. I went to a different local dealer that has the exact truck that I want and asked if they can do the same and they asked me if I was crazy. Literally 10 miles away from each other.

I wouldn’t expect much out of FL dealers after reading the horror stories coming from there.

Most FL dealers I’ve spoken will not even honor employee pricing, or if they do, they adjust MF to make their money back. GL trying to negotiate anything off MSRP as well. Your best bet is to get ahold of a broker or ship from outside FL.

Just wait until the great baby boomer die off to complete it’s cycle and their arrogance will starve them.

1 Like

Select loaded $53k Big Horns now reduced to $37k (purchase only) in Minneapolis. Are they really in high demand at 30% off a ridiculous MSRP? Untrustworthy selling strategy IMHO.