2019 Ram 1500 longhorn lease advise

Good evening all, I’m in the market looking for a 2019 Ram Longhorn. I went to a dealer near my house and they came up with the current numbers attached on the picture. 750.00 tax included 5k down 12k miles 36months. How does this deal look to you guys. I’ve been in the Edmunds website and used the hackrs calculator and to me it seems ok. However, I would like your opinions as most of you have previous experience leasing.

Not referring to the lease numbers, I don’t see how this could be good? Guess I’m missing the benefits of this truck.

The 19 Ram Limited is cheaper than this trim.

But you’d rather sign to $1,000/month for a long horn than a Toyota at $250/month?

By Toyota do you mean the truck? I’m kinda confused on your question.

These trucks are very expensive to lease. I would look at the F150 Platinum around 66k msrp. Should be around 600

Toyota Tundras is what I’m referring to. $250/month Look for them on this forum.

Why is the long horn 1500 $73k?

1 Like

I would imagine they are so expensive because they are on high demand right now. Like you saw this is a 73k truck. It has all the bells and whistles. I like Toyota however, their interior is so plain and old school. Plus I’m sure Toyota will be making a big change soon.

1 Like

I looked at ford a few months ago as well and everywhere I went there were no significant discounts. I looked at the f150 Ecoboost Platinum.

Yeah they are low 6 for one of those

I’m guessing low 6 with a good down payment. I’ve searched in this site and everyone talks about 600 for an xlt with 2 to 3k down.

I cant find a posting on this site where an XLT was $600/mth with 2k down. Should be sub-400 without a PCO and approaching 300 with a PCO (unless you are in the South, then a bit higher).

I think people are struggling to see the value in a 73k truck at 1k/mth vs a 50k truck at 300/mth (Tundra).

Down payment? Blasphemy.

Best quote I was getting for a Laramie trim 59k MSRP was 570 with $1500 down. You could do better then what they are giving you. That same dealership emailed me back this month and think they can go lower with that monthly payment this month with the incentives. Haven’t received a quote this month as I’m working with a broker now.

I worked hard on a Ram but determined they don’t lease well. Also, too long to fit easily in my garage. A good dealer discount is 23% off MSRP.

I agree with you cheapdad people struggle to see the value on a more expensive truck.

The dealer that I’m working with called me, “hey this month is truck month we have more incentives and we need to move trucks I’m sure we can get you in that Longhorn for 600 with 5k down. Come in and we will make it happen”. To be honest if I hate giving so much money for a lease.

My thing is, how do I know when they have really giving me their best price?

You did well coming here first. Found out that your deal isn’t terrible the truck you want just doesn’t lease well. Maybe you can get a another 50-100 bucks off but it’s gonna be expensive either way.

I think this really comes down to how much you want this truck, how much happier will this truck make you than a lower trim/different make and how much you value money (is the difference between 400 and 800 a month insignificant for you)?

1 Like

I’m ok paying 6ish on my payment. The only thing that I hate is the 5k down. If I can be in the same payment and only give down half of 5k I would be happy.

I agree with everyone this won’t lease well but have you at least figured out what the selling price is before incentives and which incentives you qualify for? If you at least provide that and the money factor we’ll be able to better help you.

That information is not in the picture.