2019 Porsche Boxster Lease quote

doesn’t matter who’s it is, a collection isn’t worth much if you dont have somebody to share with! enjoy em while you can before tree hugging electric car america takes over

Haha no I love it!

Definitely not meant for straight line speed :slight_smile:

1 Like

The IMS bearing isn’t as common as people think. It is more “common” on lower mileage cars, but it hasn’t been proven. 996’s are more prone to IMS bearing failure ('99-'04) with earlier cars with the 3.4 having the failure most often. I think total failure rate is less than 7% of cars produced in the 996 era. The 997.1’s are also prone to IMS failure, but IIRC they have the dual row oiled IMS bearing making it even less common. The 997.2’s eliminated the risk. An IMS replacement can be done under $2,500 and if the car is a manual, I’d do the clutch while you’re in there and any other seals that could be a concern later on.

What’s interesting about Porsches in general is they tend to be super reliable if you keep up with maintenance. Some of the V8 Cayenne/Panamera models have some challenges, but some of that is in earlier models that don’t get serviced enough and encounter cylinder scoring. We’ve been considering buying a CPO Cayenne GTS. I really want a 997.2 PDK but that’s out of budget for the time being.

Good luck to the OP, but at $1,300+/mo, you’re better off purchasing. Yes, you’ll be paying more monthly, but not by much and you’ll own it. If you’re ok with older tech, I’d consider buying an early 991.1 or a late 997.2 for a similar monthly payment.

2 Likes

Have a client selling this 911 Cab right now
3000 miles
$130K MSRP
$90K selling price
Miami Blue!

2 Likes

Just to follow up the 2005 997 still has the single row ims bearing same as the 996. The 06 to 08s have the double row bearing with a much lower failure rate something around 1% is what I’ve seen. Problem with the 06 to 08 cars is that to replace the ims bearing the whole engine must be torn down, so it makes no sense.

2 Likes

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

I am having a private moment here :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

If this guy paid 40k in depreciation to drive 3k miles, that’s like $13 per mile lol. I believe you can fly a plane for less than that …

For the Cayenne models, go for 958 (preferably 2012 or later). The 957’s had an issue with debris collecting in a pocket just forward of the passenger footwell…remedy required pulling the wheel liner and draining on a fairly consistent basis otherwise the water would flood into the passenger floorboard. Loved my 2008, but sold it with under 60k on it because the problem could never be fixed by Porsche and I simply got tired of messing with it.

They’re not selling it because they “want” to

My two year old is the same. She loses interest on her toys very quickly.

fk, multiply her age by 15 and I’ll probably start losing interest when I can afford to dump and pick up cars at will.

Where is this car located?

Same issue plagues the newer Cayennes. My Mom has a 2016 with 80K. She just had the plugs drained and the carpets pulled out and dried. She also had the transfer case replaced for the 2nd time.

1 Like