2019 Mercedes A220 - $399/Month VS 2019 BMW 330i - 369/Month!

@DjMx are you seeing a trend here? I’m off the next two days. Why don’t you carve out some time on Wednesday to come in and wrap it up. :+1:

To make a decision based solely on the monthly payment and not even drive the 330i would be the worst decision you could ever make. Especially when it only costs you an extra $0.83 per day to be in a much greater car that you will be ecstatic about.

Can anyone disagree?

1 Like

We could all start a fundraiser to come up with the extra payment for the bmw!

I would do BMW and not look back.

1 Like

That or Dave can find our friend a loaner.

1 Like

I like the A220 :raising_hand_man:

You don’t count, you sell them. :rofl:

4 Likes

@JamesBond - A220 is premium the pack. It’s definitely not base model.

I would go with the 330i. One factor for me would be you can still get a 330i built in Germany, while I believe all the A220s sold in the United States are assembled in Mexico. I would prefer a German car that comes from Germany. BMW just opened a plant in Mexico to build 330i’s, so going forward, it may be more difficult to get one built in Germany.

Wow! Thanks everyone for their input and advice. Here is the thing, I’m all about good lease deals. When I leased my Audi couple years back. I got a A3 0 Zero down for $250/month! That’s a killer deal and doesn’t break the bank. Then I went on to get another lease which was my CLA for $360/month which included wear/tear + maintenance. Original price was 326/month before that. At the time, I did not know anything about MSDs or this amazing site!

@StingerTT - I totally agree with everything you said. But you would need to get a maintenance on the Mercedes which includes Oil change and air filters and some other things or else I would need to pay that out of pocket each time and they cost I think over $200.

@BMW_Dave - I would love to get a BMW, if you can find me something under my budget which is $400 including everything + wear/tear coverage. I would totally get a 330i if I could, even if it’s a loaner…The decision would solely have to be on a monthly payment as of right now. Unless @Bacons_C.C can get me a fundraiser started to come up with the rest and surely i’ll jump on that deal! LOL :rofl:

@Calvin.MB - You’ve been great with helping me with A220 deal. But everyone has told me now thus far it is not smart to get that car right now, since it is so new and there are really no cash incentives or anything on it. (If anyone needs to get a car in the SoCal area and wants a Mercedes definitely reach out to Calvin! He is patient and will truly try to get you the best deal at the time!)

However, now i am stuck on what to get. I’m all about finding the best price. Hence why i’m on this site and learning so much from all of you. I’m happy to lease a loaner, but even that I can’t find anywhere. I’m also getting tired trying to go dealer to dealer too much time consuming and back and forth. Trying to lease a car can be so frustrating and draining.

Practically makes zero difference for end consumer with current manufacturing technologies and quality control processes.

My VW Golf made in Mexico seems fine thus far (after 7 mos)… Knock on wood.

You can go to an independent shop for less.

1 Like

I really really liked driving the A. It was an enjoyable drive. But I think dollar for dollar the 19 330 is what wins.

NEITHER! If it doesn’t have 300 hp ain’t a real car #fakecar :smiley:

2 Likes

@DjMx

Not to get involved in a deal but I know Dave gives out solid numbers to this forum, so if you want to get below $400, I would look at the products to drop the price. I signed Saturday on a M340i and did not do any products. Not a T&W person or maintenance. Even just dropping the maintenance should get you down to $400.

Just my thinking, I am going to shut up now before @BMW_Dave F&I manager comes after me :slight_smile:

P.S. Dave is a really solid guy. I am all the way in FL, and he knew I wasn’t going to buy from him, but he took time to answer questions and even congratulate me when I signed. That shows me I would want to buy from a dealer for one less Starbucks a month.

@LeaserOC - As a lease, are you REQUIRED to go the dealership to get the car serviced and if you don’t get all the required services on a lease is there penalties? Technically the car isn’t mine so it shouldn’t really matter, but not sure.

JIf your budget is 400 p/mo you could probably get a 430 Gran Coupe loaner don’t know about wear and tear though
All bmw services are free except obviously tires/brakes (wear parts) and you can go to any dealership for service

No. Service anywhere you want.

But presumably keep receipts + work order?

It really only becomes an issue when making warranty claims for obscure items. If you needed a full engine replacement and saw that you did not service it at a dealership, they may ask you to show what kind of maintenance you’ve performed.

Rare cases, really.

1 Like

Sure keep the receipts but I really don’t think they check or care. But to be on the safe side just keep them.

3 Likes