2019 Mercedes A220 - $399/Month VS 2019 BMW 330i - 369/Month!

I hope he means 650 out the door as in DAS but if monthly geez.

No money down. Nothing out of pocket. Just flat $650 for the first month bill

Yeah your paying 24,000 dollars over 3 years for a 45k car. I think a loan to buy would have been cheaper if not sinillar

1 Like

Well because your monthly is so high already they don’t need any more down or drive off.

OP…did you actually close on this deal? If not, hit me up. There’s no need to pay extra for maintenance and the A class is a dog compared to the 3 or 4 Series.

2 Likes

slightly more and you could get a C class at least… don’t why people get caught up with new cars, they don’t lease well for months after initial deliveries.

So we need to ask the panel which is the better option. This is not a judgement of the deals per se but a simple survey as to which of these two choices are a better value (what you get for the payment)…

2019 Mercedes-Benz A220
188 hp
0-60 in 7.1 sec
28 mpg combined
Cargo capacity 8.6 cubic ft
$37,645 MSRP
$399/mo with $6,159 out of pocket
(Including MSDs, Wear & Tear and Maintenance Plan)

2019 BMW 330i Sedan
~ Convenience Package
~ Live Cockpit Pro
255 hp
0-60 in 5.3 sec
30 mpg combined
Cargo capacity 17 cubic ft
$46,110 MSRP
$449/mo with $5,350 out of pocket after CCA Rebate
(Including MSDs, Wear & Tear and Maintenance Plan)

To me this is not even a comparison but of course you could say I’m biased so I want to hear from everyone else, especially if you’ve had the chance to drive both of these models. The OP needs to know…is the 330i worth an extra $1.60 a day? (actually much less than that if you increase the cap reduction to what the MB is requiring!)

Call me biased too but I love the new 3 series. Can’t wait to hack a M340i when G20 LCI comes and some of the hype is down.

@Electric now we need your garage photo. Lol

I’ll post once I get my new 440i ///M home. Didn’t take delivery today as it was scheduled for a small dent repair before I even made my deal.

1 Like

Sometimes money isn’t everything. I have had two Bmw leases…a 425 coupe and then a m235 convertible. I was so sick of bmw especially their interiors. I will say the only car I would think of getting from bmw was the m3 but I needed awd and don’t want to deal w swapping snow tires out so I couldn’t justify it. The m340 to me wasn’t that nice. When I went to the c43. It was like a breath of fresh air I was willing to give away extra money for. I get the forum is for finding great lease deals…sometimes you need to balance it with your wants and that means less desirable deals.

2 Likes

I totally understand.

The right deal on the wrong car isn’t really a deal but as with anything that goes in the inverse as well! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Let’s stay focused. Other than @Electric nobody has answered the survey. Assuming that ALL lease details are the same (wear/tear, maintenance, drive-offs, MSD’s, etc)

What would you rather drive?

• 2019 A220 for $399/mo ($37k MSRP)
  • 2019 330i for $424/mo ($46k MSRP)
1 Like

Not a fan of BMW’s interior, especially pitted against the A220, but comparing your two proposed deals the BMW would be my pick for the exterior, power, and price.

1 Like

That A class is probably bare inside. I prefer technology, 330i it is.

2 Likes

Any other opinions? See survey above.

Definitely 330i. That’s mostly because I’m 6’5” and don’t like the direction MB is going with in with their designs. Also more trunk space. Better engine. Better driving characteristics.

You know what? Just a much better value for the money, overall.

1 Like

Lol, glad it took less than 10 posts to arrive at this, although I did find entertainment in the original back and forth.

@BMW_Dave

330 for me all day, not even close.

1 Like

BMW. The A-Class doesn’t actually compete in the same class (it competes against the Audi A3).