2019 Lexus RX 450h Luxury - Good Deal + Help with Calculator

Well, this is a first for me. If he told you that they represent mfg lease cash that way on their offers and that you don’t owe that amount then I doubt he would lie about it. You know how much of a check you need to write so it is not like they are going to slip it by you. I just have never seen it written up that way and I have helped a bunch of people with leases. To me, that is what the lines on the offer sheets for the different types of incentives are for. Every time I have seen Cash @ Sign or Due @ Signing the person leasing the car owes that amount.

This is obviously something that you should confirm with them. I should also add that if this is true (and I hope it is) then the dealer is giving you 7.5% off plus incentives.

1 Like

Hey @ddelib - thank you, again. I appreciate your patience with me. It is good to have a different set of eyes on it.

I will triple-verify the adjusted cap cost and how it was calculated - and obviously I will make sure I only write a check out for the security deposit.

I have learned a lot thanks to you and others on this site. Thank you.

Here it is:

Is it yours?

Not yet. Doing the deal on Saturday. My salesperson sent me that to explain all of the numbers ahead of time - which I appreciate.

Looks good. Make sure you post some pics when it is done!

2 Likes

BMW came back in play at the last min. So maybe I can squeeze more out of Lexus or end up in a BMW.

What are you looking at?

X3 and X5 - specifically the X3 xDrive30i and the X5 xDrive40i. I’m a VW guy, so German cars are attractive to me. I figure why not…I am going to buy my Lexus salesperson a nice bottle for dealing with all this - if they win.

I’m so invested in what happens :joy:

Personally rooting for BMW to win now they’re in contention but who knows. Guess we’ll see soon enough

1 Like

Anything interesting to share?

Sorry guys! We had a nice day yesterday. BMW was great - we loved the X3 in EVERY way - but we were concerned about the size (too close to the RAV4/CR-V land and the X5 was too big). We informed the Lexus dealer we were going to be late and that we wanted to test drive a 450h again just to be sure we had the right fit (my wife wanted to make sure it was OK versus how much she loved driving the BMW - which I knew - German cars are the most fun :smile:).

Long story short - I ended up doing the deal above as we went for the Lexus RX 450h for 3 reasons: size, hybrid, and (by far least important) the more plush/luxury ride. Yeah, we’re kind of in the Cadillac phase versus Autobahn phase.

I let the BMW dealer know and thanked him for his time. We bought the Lexus salesman a bottle of Michter’s Bourbon while we were on our final test drive - and we’re really happy. I left $800 on the table but I feel good about the whole thing and we are very glad we test drove the BMW X3 as it cemented our selection of the 450h for our needs.

Here’s my wife (8 months pregnant) happy in her new ride. :slight_smile:I could not have done it without you guys - thank you so much for your patience and help. Take a look at that journey from post 1 to today and the better deal that I got! @ddelib gets a special shout out. :blush:

(bad news today is we got a 2 panel door ding while at our birthing class…ah well)

EDIT: we didn’t buy any of the extra crap they try to sell you at the end, either. Just paid our $5,580 9 MSD and walked.

5 Likes

Congrats! Looks damn nice - I like the wheels. Sucks about that ding though, why does it always happen once we get the new car.

1 Like

Congrats! SO sorry about the door dings, how frustrating! Enjoy the sweet ride.

1 Like

My sales person checked in from Lexus and I mentioned the door dings off hand - he said to bring it in and he would have his door ding guy look at it. Fingers crossed!

Update: $175 (they said normally $250) later and the two panel door dent is fixed. They did a good job, we know it is there - so we can see it (you do have to look hard). Bummer. Pisses me off that someone did that and just took off. Ah well! Everything else is good. I just need to get my wife to drive it more…she is bad with change. :slight_smile:

1 Like

If that happens again at month 35, you can just leave them there :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

That’s a great deal. I’m getting close to that but they don’t seem to be budging much. I’m in FL also. I’m at msrp of $63K, 36/12K for $598 with 6 MSDs. Trying to get payment lower having the reduce the net cap. Resid is 59% MF .00060. Can you refer me to someone in Orlando? Thanks

Sorry for the slow reply. I’m not on here often. I dealt with Brandon at Lexus of Winterpark. Just need to be patient and persistent on your offer and you will get to the deal that you want.