2019 Lexus RC 350 F-Sport Terrible Residuals and Stingy Dealers

You are an exception to the rule then. You can’t expect your current customers to be okay with spending $200 more on the same car. It’s wrong. It’s Lexus Financial that’s steering away lots of customers.

And without knowing the details of your lease, the monthly number means nothing.

Is this your second S90 that you leased again? If it’s not, then you’re making a moot point.

Expectations are irrelevant. You can expect whatever you want. Facts matter. I got a mortgage 3 years ago for 3.5% today it’s closer to 5%. It doesn’t matter if I expect to get 3.5 again. I won’t. It’s my first S90 an no it’s not a moot point. The point is deals change. That is all.

1 Like

Unless you’re grounding a 2019 RC, you’re also comparing two cars which aren’t the same. They’re refreshed for 2019 (or was it 2018?, anyhow, the point remains.)

But, even if it were the same car, do houses have the same value three years apart? Not likely. And there’s more than just square footage and zip code that go into the mix of cost.

2 Likes

Programs change over time. Sometimes even within the same month when an incentive is added or pulled.

Do you have any idea how many folks I get asking about the new 3er expecting the same payment on a G20 as they got on their F30? Different car, different programs.

1 Like

Understood. You’re missing the point. A 20% difference on the same car with a marginally higher MSRP is not anywhere close to normal or acceptable.

It is completely normal and acceptable. Programs change, cars change, markets change, dealers change. If you do not like the conditions, take your business elsewhere. There are other brands that provide a similar product.

3 Likes

I’m failing to understand why OP thinks it’s acceptable Lexus should sell or lease it’s car for a loss to keep a customer loyal to the Model and by extension the brand.

The only constant in life is change.

The better question is why OP isn’t shopping around for a dealer willing to take the hit to move a slow moving unit?

1 Like

Don’t forget death and taxes.

2 Likes

Those are agents of change. :wink:

2 Likes

20% over three years on the same model with similar MSRP is NOT normal. Sorry.

Someone go and find another brand that has decreased the residual value of a model 20% since Jan of 2017 and the argument is yours to win.

If you look at the Topic, it says “dealers,” not “dealer.” That would imply shopping around. There are many conditions that go into this. Lexus isn’t willing to discount more than 7-8% on even sitting cars.

Don’t forget about Lexus reliability. Reliable cars should have better residuals. Moreover, Lexus doesn’t redesign often… Maybe every 5 or 6 years. Minus a nip tuck, this RC is essentially the same car since 2015.

Something is very wrong. Lexus Financial grossly miscalculated their numbers and sticking is to their customers. I understand numbers change, but this is comical.

I think it’s clear their message to customers is to buy their car out if they’d like to keep it or find a suitable CPO alternative.

20% is a huge drop but as you said is indicative that someone really dropped the ball when initially calculating RV and is now attempting to turn the tide. If you can wait it out, expect a further market correction down the line.

Sounds about right for Chinese stuff.

Obviously pushing purchases.

You got a 2020 Z4? Thoughts compared to coming out of the RC 350? M40i or 3.0i?

I got a quote for a 2019 Fusion Energi Titanium. RV = 33%. Offset partially by $9k in trunk money.

Weird stuff can and does happen.

Like going online to complain to strangers about why the RV isn’t higher?

The rant has gone on for long enough

1 Like