2019 Lexus RC 350 F-Sport Terrible Residuals and Stingy Dealers

Hi there. Here in SoCal. Been trying to negotiate with a few dealers to lease an RC 350 F-Sport. Not only are the residuals horrendous compared to a few years ago, but they look at you like they expect you to pay $200 a month more for the same car like it’s completely acceptable. It’s ludicrous. This is my second Lexus. My first was a 2015 RC 350 F-Sport. Was able to easily get $6K off MSRP for a monthly price at $498. For a 2019, 3 year lease, Lexus wants $760 a month for the same car. Worse still, is that they will only take off about $3,500 because they are calculating the $3250 current lease cash into their discount even though that would be added regardless of full MSRP or not.

If I ask for 12% off MSRP before lease cash, all the SoCal Lexus dealers basically think it’s a joke. But they think it’s okay to expect their current customers coming out of a lease to lease the same but newer model for hundreds more a month. A 20% drop in residual value a a real slap in the face to customers.

The only model that has a good residual and lease value is the RX.

With 12% off 56,065 plus the $3250 lease cash, that would put the monthly nut at low 600s because the residuals are horrible. What advice does anyone have except leaving Lexus?

Have you seen any broker or hackr who has posted numbers similar to your goal recently?

Hi there. Thanks for the reply. There’s not much out on the RC 350. I’ve been playing the leasing numbers game for years. Get the MF and residuals ahead of time. Have spreadsheet charts, etc. Lexus Financial and the dealerships have gone mad!

That car is overpriced and has no redeeming qualities whatsoever. Time to take your business elsewhere.

1 Like

That’s a good way to look at it in retrospect.

Thing is, too, is that it’s a 2019 and the 2020s are out already. Some colors have been sitting in the lot for six or seven months and the dealers will not budge. Makes no sense at all.

I just got out of my rc350 f sport as well so I understand your pain. However, I extended my lease twice so I basically leased for 4 years at a ridiculously low monthly. So if you haven’t returned your car it’s an option just call lexus financial.

However, the residual is so much lower so honestly it will be impossible to get a good lease on the car. While the car was reliable it didn’t have the fun factor of other cars at that price point and I think lexus knows it’s coupes aren’t going to handle well against competition as they sell relatively poorly so that’s why they lowered their residual. If your wanting something sporty the Supra has a 61 percent residal but no incentives and terrible Mf, z4 m40i has good incentives and a 59 percent residual with a good Mf and I was able to get a loaded one for 672. Ultimately it’s what makes you tick so if that shape, engine and ride make you tick go with your gut otherwise I’d suggest checking the competitors. Unfortunately coupes are really going extinct so it’s slim pickings. Best of luck.

Hi there. Thanks for the reply. It’s just a bit of a slap back to current Lexus lessees ending a lease and wanting to enter another one to be presented with an over $200 monthly price increase. That’s just not okay. It’s not the money, but the principle. In trying to propose something that will work, a 12% discount off of MSRP pre lease cash which isn’t unreasonable, Lexus looks the other way. The residuals have just been cut so much by LFS that they make it impossible to lease without remorse now.

just quoted: $660 48 months 10k miles

Quoted the same for 36mo/15k MSRP $56,514

Dismal to say the least. That’s with 0 down and a cap cost of 47,993.05

I can lease a loaded 2020 RX 350 F-Sport Performance for 27mo/15k for $560 a month. MSRP 60,645. Go figure!

Anyone have any good dealer experiences leasing a 2019 RC?

toyota/lexus residuals in CA have seemed to fallen quite a bit from 3 years ago, excepting maybe trucks. Perhaps the actuaries know something about the economy in 3 years time, or expecting glut of used cars…

48month residual is 40%

If the residuals have dropped that much since your last lease, this isn’t a problem with the dealers but Lexus. The residuals were obviously inflated, and now they’ve come crashing down.

Your best bet is to move on to another car, or accept the fact that you’re going to be paying more than what you did from your previous lease.

2 Likes

just quoted $730 month hahahahaha

After shopping around, a dealer wants to offer $50092 from a $56330 pre lease cash which is another $3250 off. At 36 months / 15k a year, it still comes out to 560 a month with zero down

I got my 2017 rc 350 f sport for $350 a month including tax with only $1200 down…

I guess where I’m getting at, or trying to figure out, is how accurate are these residuals at the end of the lease term for selling the car at that value. So if I decided to purchase the car and sell it after three years and good condition with about 45k miles, Would it be likely sell at 46% residual value or would it likely sell for more?

if this is an f take it and run or i will

Lexus and Toyota have historically been very conservative with the numbers because their business model is to take as much as they can while offering little in return.

I have never been a fan of Lexus leasing, I think their RV and rates don’t reflect actual market performance and it makes me feel as if they’re taking advantage of the consumer.

With that said, the Rc 350 is known purely for its reliability. In the segment, it ranks middle of the pack or worse. Driving engagement isn’t really there, infotainment is rudimentary, fuel economy and performance is worse than GS350 (strangest part about all of this) and it’s very limited on interior space.

The good things? Port/direct injection, reliability, comfortable seating.

Those things just aren’t worth the significant premium you’d pay over the German competition. At least, not when it comes to leasing. Purchasing is a different story.

Luxury coupes tend to lease poorly from all brands, Though.