2019 Lexus RC 350 F-Sport Terrible Residuals and Stingy Dealers

if anyone can get me 550 with zero down on a 350 f awd i will pay the broker fee asap

Same here! San Diego county.

Prior to 2016, their lease rates were awesome. I was able to lease a RC 350 with a 73% residual for two years. It was under 500 a month no money down with a $6000 discount. Now it’s the complete opposite. As much as I like the RC 350, the 2019 redesign, I just can’t understand Lexus’ reasoning. Do they honestly think customers are OK with this?

didnt you just say you had a 560 payment ???

Yes, customers are okay with it because they still do it.

Slash with your wallet, lease bmw instead.

1 Like

Kind of on the fence about BMW. Their interiors are kind of bland and the paint jobs orange peel to the max. The Z4 is beautiful though. Not sure about practicality though.

For a loaded F-Sport Performance RX, not RC.

being told a 300 would lease for that but none left within 300miles of me :frowning:

Just make sure you test drive the 300. It’s quite a different ride and the 350.

Look at an Audi A5/S5. Both of them are faster than the RC 350 (0-60 in 6 seconds is laughably slow for a V6) and it will have the interior styling and practically you want. It won’t lease as well as the BMW 4 series, but it is a much better car than the RC and 4 series right now. Plus the dealers in SoCal will deal on them.

2 Likes

Whether this sentiment is true or not is subjective. However, OP had a '15 RC 350, so s/he is prolly aware of the nominal performance.

I’ve said it once or twice before, likely will again: there is sooooooooo much more to person’s car choice than 0 - 60. I bet many, many people literally never push the accelerator to the floor in their car. And those that do, can only do it here and there. And people shopping Lexus are aware that sportier specimens exist.

Not everyone lives on a racetrack or cares if the 5 series beside them at the light can roast them to 60.

:bat:

1 Like

Playing devils advocate here but if someone does not care about 0-60 or speed, why buy something with a V6 that will get worse fuel economy and probably reliability too) than a turbo I4? The only reason to get the larger engine would be to get fancier options and at that point you would want a car that can perform. That is why the average 540i has more added options than the average 530i.

Also I will add this is not subjective. Most 6 cylinders sedans/coupes have low 4 second 0-60 times and even a 4 cylinder Q5 or X3 is faster than the Lexus RC 350. At the very least, the RC 350 should be high 4s/low 5s with a 3.5L V6.

Because a V6 feels and sounds better than a 2 liter turbo most of the time. When you step off the line, the torque is right there, without the weird non-linear relationship between throttle percentage and thrust.

Show me some certified, peer-reviewed list of how fast 6-cylinders should be, else I maintain that “laughably slow” is a subjective measurement. Magazine racing is a terrible way to choose a car, IMO.

:bat:

1 Like

That is a subjective measurement and I need you to show me a certified, peer reviewed article on how a V6 feels and sounds better than a 2 liter turbo.

1 Like

Drive 'em back to back, and tell me I’m wrong.

1 Like

I am not saying you are wrong because it is true; just showing you the hypocrisy of your argument. It is also true that a 2 second difference in 0-60 time is huge in the car world. Two seconds is the difference between a Porsche 918, BMW M4, and an Audi Q5.

I had an Audi. Once was enough.

The RC 4 cylinder has practically the same fuel economy as the 6 cylinder RWD. The ride is much different. The 300 encompasses everything that a 4 cylinder turbo lacks. It’s the the smoothness of the 6 that makes all the difference.

Only to certain shoppers. Why not focus on tow ratings or backseat legroom? The zero to sixty thing doesn’t matter to most shoppers, or only performance cars would sell.

1 Like

What a car leases for 3 years ago is zero bearing on what a car leases for today. Even the same exact car. There are so many factors that go into leasing that you can’t assume you will get the same thing again. I am driving an S90 for $350 a month. I know this will never happen again. If I go into a dealer expecting that again I am the one being ludicrous not them.

1 Like