2019 Kia Stinger GT AWD Lease (Best commuter for college student)

Guess I will sign him a new Jetta GLI, and it should be significantly peppier than the CC, so his complaint can be solved.

I doubt his complaint is legitimate. Sounds much more like him trying to justify you getting him a more expensive car.

In the end, it’s your money, so it’s your decision to do what you see fit. We are just giving you a hard time. The whole concept seems silly to me, but I’m sure there are plenty of things I do that seem silly to others. Just keep in mind that you’re setting him up for a false sense of what is a reasonable financial move when independent after graduating, unless you’re planning to keep paying for his car after that too.

3 Likes

I agree with you on this. I want him to study and do well, have motivation. I am taking him to look at a new Jetta GLI this week. Costs reasonable, yet still a good car.

They lease horrendously. Not a good choice.

Look at Mercedes C300 loaners. Well equipped, cheap to lease (around the same or less than a GLI), powerful enough.

A Q50 3.0T leases pretty well and is reasonably fast. Probably mid-300s. Ditto on 330i and IS300.

To be honest, a Corolla SE or Jetta (non-GLI) can be leased for around $200/mo, that’s honestly plenty of car and both are very safe cars. Heck, the Corolla SE even looks sporty and dare I say it, good. $190/mo for insurance is also kind of a lot to spend.

Anyway, hopefully you can at least get a good lease deal figured out on a GLI, but like others have said, those do not typically lease well relative to other VWs.

OP the first thing your slimy Kia dealer is gonna ask you, when can your husband come down so we can talk numbers.
Second, when you tell the ape that this is 2019 and not 1919, he is going to tell you 800 a month.

Third you will walk out to a BMW and lease a nice 3 series instead because who wants to do business with Kia and why do you want to compromise the dating life of your brother.

@BoardWalkNJ @StingerTT He still wants the Stinger. If we buy it, we will get $6000 off msrp, $4000 finance rebate, $3000 conquest. They are also advertising 0% for 72 months.

Will they honor the 0% or again it can’t be “combined” with the finance rebate?

Because if it is 0%, we are exactly at $450.

It can’t be combined. It’s either the financing or the rebate. Look into the fine print

1 Like

that is not your choice to make. While I agree that everyone should learn the value of work and money, you can’t tell rich people not to buy their loved ones expensive shit. It’s OP’s money, and she can decide to throw it watever way she wants.

How have you not considered Giulia yet? Hot blooded Italian, really good to lease, 280hp. With bells and whistles easily hit the <450 mark.

2 Likes

A modern transmission multiplies that power much better than the antique slushbox in the CC

A Jetta 1.4T has no problem merging, for instance

What’s wrong with the CC’s DSG vis a vi acceleration performance? Car & Driver did 0-60 in 6.5s in this 2013 example: https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a15116812/2013-volkswagen-cc-20t-manual-and-dsg-automatic-test-review/

1 Like

You can never seem to stay on topic.

I suggest you do from now on

2 Likes

It’s a pattern with you and not limited to this thread. Not going to shut down each thread you attempt to derail.

Stay on topic or get land-filled. Your choice.

2 Likes

I used to lease a 2010 CC. It has the same drive train as a Mk5/6 GTI. 2.0 Turbo with 200HP and 6 speed DSG. Definitely not an antique slush box transmission. It’s not the fastest car in the world but it’s no slouch in Sport mode.

An APR tune could easily push it closer to 300HP.

Was he a hard no on the GLI? They can be leased around the $250-300 point so you may be able to get the lease and insurance for the same prices as the lease alone on the Stinger.

Plus you wouldn’t have to deal with a Kia dealer which can be the absolute worst. (I’m not saying VW would be way better, but still)

An APR tune cannot push a CC with a first generation TSI EA888 engine to 300 go alone. Source: I’ve tuned a CC with APR.

I used to be an avid reader of VWVortex. That’s where I heard that. I’m sure there was no BS there… :rofl:

q50 will get him good power for under 450 I don’t think anything else will get him into the 300hp+ range for this budget

How does the current car that you drive motivate a person to study? I mean I’d undertsand if you said “Graduate college with a 3.6 GPA and you’ll get a Panamera”…otherwise…:smirk:

Want to thank everyone for the suggestions. We ended up going with an Audi A6 55 P+.

1 Like