2019 Kia Stinger GT AWD Lease (Best commuter for college student)

Hi Hackers!

I have recently began a hunt for “my” next car (replacing my CC), and have decided that I want to try and hack a Stinger GT AWD, $43,000 MSRP.

It will be primarily for my brother, for his college commute. He is 19, and I want him to drive something nice, safe, that can merge well from ramps and pass without much effort. He thinks my CC is very underpowered, and I want him driving something he likes.

Any car inputs welcome. Open to other vehicles as well. Preferably 300+ hp.

So far, I have only been to 1 dealer physically. For a 36/15 lease, they started me out with $679 and got down to $576, saying this is the absolute best they can do. I am trying to stay at $430-450 maximum a month, with 1st month DAS. Here is the question.

1. The first dealer told me that the lease cash ($6400) cannot be combined with conquest ($3000). I was really surprised, since there is a separate finance rebate. Plus, why would it matter if I buy or lease? Conquest assumes owning another brand. Are they lying?

2. Any good strategy to talk to Kia dealers?

I showed them a few other dealers selling this car $31,000 (MSRP is $43,000), but was told that this is for buying only (yet, lease cash is $2400 more than for financing).

1. How much off % msrp is within reason before rebates?

If conquest cannot actually be done with lease, this was my idea. If conquest can be added, should be much easier for them to make this real.

Thank you all!

I think $450 should be possible!

1 Like

On the Kia payment calculator, it seems like it is combinable. Kia dealers are atrocious and there isn’t really a strategy. They all suck (just some more than others).

3 Likes

That is true! I just went to the Kia site, and they stacked up just fine.

Regardless of whether their calculator lets them stack, Kia financial won’t allow it. Read the fine print for the conquest rebate, it says “Offer not compatible with lease offers.”

$450 will be tough but possible if you find a Stinger that has been sitting on the lot for a long time. May need to contact a bunch of different Kia dealers.

Do everything via email. You want to spend as little time at a Kia dealer as possible. It’s the worst part of the car.

1 Like

I wanted a Stinger back in the summer too and eventually settle on a Bmw that was 6,000 more and a lower payment. Go figure.

5 Likes

Because certain rebates only apply specifically to a lease and some apply only to financing. VW is the same way (different set of incentives for lease vs. purchase).

I don’t Kia Stinger GT deals very closely, but I don’t think that’s realistic (esp at 15K).

Possibly but never contribute to malice what could be explained by stupidity.

The conquest cash isn’t combinable with the current lease cash. I’m in the same situation looking for a good Kia Stinger GT deal and have a dealer that is promising they can get me at $404/month after interest and tax, I’ll see when I go in the dealership to sign

1 Like

450 may be possible with 10k miles a year. The residual value and MF is way too bad on these cars to get anywhere near your target with that mileage.

I will give it a try anyway, to see where it is! If no, I will probably just get another VW :slight_smile:

If you do get that deal, would love to see a breakdown!

You are probably really right! I will still give it few more attempts.

Do you have any suggestions for what else to look at for $450?

Volvo S60 T6 can probably be had for that.

Easily a 330i.

Interesting! I have a friend who works at BMW. Best he was able to do on a loaner was $479 a month with 1st month DAS. I know I can do MSD’s, fees upfront, but do I really want to?

This is just a daily for my brother. He will use it for college commuting. I don’t think he needs a super expensive car for that purpose, yet I don’t want to get him a Corolla because he is going to hate me afterwards :joy: He is a young and attractive guy. He needs a girl magnet.

S60 T6 is hard to find. Most are 2020s.

I was really thinking Stinger GT, because it’s really flashy and stylish. Accelerates well.
I don’t want him having issues merging onto ramps and passing trucks on the freeway.

84 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill

We checked! It’s $190 a month. I am paying $175 for his CC insurance.

There are some great deals on ioniq EVs right now that would make for an amazing college commuter vehicle and he’ll be a chick magnet for all the girls that love some virtue signaling.

1 Like

What is wrong with my logic? @StingerTT suggested the S60.

I promised him a $450/mo budget. At this point, I told him to find a car, and choose the one he likes. If he can find a Stinger for that price sure. Can’t, then oh well. He will have to settle for a IS300, or something similar. Not getting him a new A7. That will just do him a bad deed.