2019 Kia Stinger GT AWD Lease (Best commuter for college student)

Are you looking to adopt. I could use a $450 budget for a lease. Your the best mom. I still think that everyone’s first car should be a beater.

3 Likes

Appreciate it. I am actually his older sister. I am against beaters, personally. I want him to drive a safe car, god forbid something happens.

I initially wanted to lease him an XC90 for safety reasons, but he said no SUV’s. He said he would look like an old fart, and girls wouldn’t like him.

What can I do :tipping_hand_woman:

I was planning to co-sign it for him. Technically would be under his name also.

I wish I had a lovely sister like yourself. :wink: You know setting the bar so high is just going to give him a complex when things don’t go his way in the future. Millenials are missing out on the basics of hard work when given so much despite your good intentions. To answer your question, all cars are safe if driven responsibly. Get him a 2016 Honda civic. Pick up a used one for $12k

5 Likes

Buy a Jetta GLI or VW GTI good power but not over the top (don’t lease them though). Safe, long warranty and good looking cars for campus. Stinger is great but 375 HP for a college kid is probably not the best idea. My 2 cents.

2 Likes

Thank you! I realize that it is a bad idea, as is. He would hate me if I ever got him a Civic :frowning:

Jetta GLI is a good option! Thank you for the suggestion. Will look into it.

He wouldn’t race others (I hope not). He has been a very smart driver, from what I have seen. He does like accelerating off lights a little to quick though!

But yes, a young driver + 370hp is too much.

Are colleges adopting to the whole new EV scene? Could be difficult to charge if he lives somewhere on campus.

EV would be ideal, but not at his campus.

I was thinking eval period when he gets his first real job out of college.

Accord is a boat, why would he need a large car like that? Waste of space.

Just for safety reasons. The Accord also has very good comfort and acceleration. My co-worker has one, and I was very impressed with it.

Safety will mostly depend on him and how he drives. All cars are safe for the most part, drivers are not.

Well said. But some cars are just a little safer than others,…you know? (ex. xc90)

I realize how much he likes the A7 and M550i, and how those are his 2 “dream cars”, but I am not getting him an M550i. He will loose any motivation to study.

I think looking at a Jetta GLI is the best course of action.

He’s in college… He has plenty of time to wait for his dream car. Hell I’m still in college and I drive a 2018 Trax. The only other people I’ve ever seen driving them are 80 year old women that live in 55+ communities and can’t see over the steering wheel. Do girls clamor over it? No, but it fits the budget. I think he needs a slice of humble pie and a Jetta, but that’s just me.

Honda Accord could be a nice balance for him.

5 Likes

I’m curious outside of exiting the pits in Suzuka tonight where on earth your brother is driving that he finds it difficult to merge in a car with around a 6 to 7 second 0 to 60 time and 14 to 15 second quarter mile time…

4 Likes

Used to own a 2013 cc 2.0T fwd. Never felt underpowered while driving in S/AM mode. In D mode there was a slight turbo lag. I always dove in S/AM mode to get around the turbo lag issue. The handling was very good too.

1 Like

I have never noticed any issues. Very happy with this CC!

I have no clue. Just typical highway merges :tipping_hand_woman: That’s what he told me at least.

We had an Infiniti M45S. Was one of the best cars we ever had in the family.