2019 Kia Niro LX PHEV $326/month $0 Down

Just signed the lease last night so hoping I got a good deal.

2019 Kia Niro LX PHEV
MSRP: 29,325
Sale Price: 26,400
36k miles 3yr lease
$0 Down and $0 Due at signing
$4543 Dealer Rebates
$15,698 RV

$298.71/month w/o tax
$326/month with tax

Doesn’t include CA state rebate of $1500 and PGE $500 rebate.

I think it was a pretty good deal but always curious how I did compared to you pros.

How do you like it? How does it ride? I am thinking about getting the same.

Thanks,

Great deal. Kia is a very underrated car and it drives very well.

Only had it for a day so hard to tell. I would have preferred the EX I think just for more of the comfort features but I just wanted a super cheap commuter car. This is the first plugin car I’ve driven so I don’t have much to compare it to. Acceleration is horrid but I’m guessing that’s by design. Fuel efficient is insane I’ve driven 100miles and the fuel gauge hasn’t moved and I’m averaging 49mpg. I haven’t had a chance to charge it much to drive it in only EV.

Thanks @Dash my precious car was a Kia Sorrento which I loved. I miss a lot of the features on that car but am seriously loving the gas savings and can’t wait for the HOV sticker to cut my commute time in half.

Well put @arthurk192, enjoy.

@arthurk192 , i guess you got it in ca-norcal , who is the dealer ?

Capital Kia in San Jose. Got it 2 days before month end.

Would love to hear how the car is driving in EV mode and on gas/hybrid. Is it one gear in electric or does it shift, like the Hyundai Ioniq PHEV?

Overall drives great and super quiet typically. EV mode is just 1 gear as far as i can tell. Switching between EV & HEV is seamless. In the morning when the weather is cold I can tell the engine running at a much higher RPM then it normally does. Hybrid is averaging 40-48 MPG for my 15 mile commute city/“highway” mostly in traffic. I’m typically charging at work only and so far my overall MPG average has been 98mpg. This is week 3 of owning the car and i still have a little more then half a tank of gas and I’ve put ~400+ miles on it.

1 Like

Geez …neat deal…still trying to get a similar one in socal.
I think this can be worth the one way 53$ flight from BUR to SJC
*Scratches chin

1 Like

Do you have a sales rep referral?

Thanks. Sorry don’t have a specific referral but found the managers there pretty fair. I leased a Kia Sorento from them in the past and now the Niro. I’d start working with them now and you may be able to lock in a deal as we get closer the end of the year before flying out to buy it.

Still no luck… working with capital Kia /Randy

I am not getting this deal from Capital Kia …is there a sales rep name I can shoot? These guys are funny

Where did you end up getting with Capital Kia? Did you get any movement on price and terms? I’m dealing with them now and they are moving down on sticker price in $100 increments. Feels like I’ll be at this all year.

Yeah I was able to get movement. It was slow at first and after a few times back and forth I told them my final price I needed to be at and they were able to make it happen. Not sure what the MF is now and if that’s effecting the price or there’s more demand now so they’re less willing to budge. Sorry to hear you’re having such a hard time with them but stick to your guns.

MF is at .00195 with a residual of 52% for 36/12k.

Looks like you had a residual of 53% or 54% going for you back in December, not sure what the MF was then.

One positive is that the PG&E check has gone to $800, if they don’t go bankrupt first.

I’m still hovering around $28k with a few dealers on the sales price with a few Bay Area dealers, hoping they’ll move as stock increases.

Some of them were asking $3,000 over MSRP at the start of the month.

Feels like you got a deal for the record books on this car here in California based on some of the posts around.

Would you mind PM’ing me who you dealt with? Was it a salesperson or a manager?

1 Like

I wasn’t able to get a deal with them and experienced general apathy from Kia dealerships when leasing this model. The general trend was quote a price…ask to come for test drive…drive…haggle… walk out…get a call back with better price…go to dealership…back and forth…walkout…get called with even better price…quote my final price …more calls of not able to meet the price (duh!)…texts and emails…I give up !
Some of the sales people were so nooby they didn’t know what MSDs were.

Finally gave up and got a fantastic deal on a Honda Clarity PHEV.

Kia doesn’t do MSDs so it makes sense they wouldn’t know what they are…