2019 Jeep Cherokee Latitude Plus 4x4, $229/mo including taxes and fees, $500 DAS

That price is on the money to what I got. I have $314 for 36 months too

But you seem like you can get another $1,000 off so jealous :wink:
Looks like my local dealership does not participate truecar deals.

I found a broker who would do $5/mo cheaper a month but decided to go with local dealership.
Currently at the dealership running credit so weā€™ll see if that price still holds true or if they change anything.
Good luck with your deal too!

Every time I brought up the Truecar I was told it was only for finance, not leaseā€¦

There are different truecar rebates. The $500 that appears on the website is purchase only. The targeted one that you must sign up for can be used for leases.

Thanks for the heads up, I went back to the email I got from Truecar and the super fine print at the end says can be used for purchase or leaseā€¦ I should be good.

I finally got a MA dealer to play ball. She came back with $281 a month with ZERO out of pocket. I will stop by Monday to get final numbers. For now says LH Score is 12.4. I havenā€™t even brought up the TrueCar yet :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hopefully they arenā€™t including your truecar without telling you. I had a few dealers do this.

Either way great deal.

1 Like

I hope not haha.

Congrats! Again so jealous :wink:
I signed my deal today with $500 down, $318/mo ($5 more because I bought wear&tear warranty. I know I should have not but I was bought ;)) and brought the car with me.
I was too tired of negotiating any more and I think I did enough. :slight_smile:

Thatā€™s the number 1 reason to negotiate in ā€œincognitoā€ mode, so they dont know your true identity until the very end. It helped greatly with people negotiating F150s with $3k PCOs, as early on, the dealer was eating that $3k claiming it was already part of the savings.

1 Like

Congratulations! Send us a pic :slight_smile:

Thanks! Itā€™s all because of your thread. I contacted Reedman Toll through your post and got the best deal I could, and my local dealer lowered as much as he could.
Here are my signed papers:

Hope it is readable.
MSRP is $37,485 but looks like they put down sales price on this sheet.
And also it says my down payment is $4,000 but they replaced it with $3,500 rebates so I paid $500 + registration transfer fee $64.
I donā€™t know how they worked out the numbersā€¦ Hopefully they donā€™t call me later and ask for more money? Lol
Thank you so much.
The vehicle itself is amazing and I do love it :slight_smile:

That wear and tear cost you allot more than $5/mo, FYI

What does that mean? Do you mean that they will charge me more?
He offered me that at $9/mo at first so I said Iā€™ll take it at $5/mo, so thatā€™s included in monthly paymentā€¦?

Your contract says $975, they probably padded the payment so it only sounded like it cost you $5/mo. This is why you want to get all the numbers and double check them on the calculator prior to signing. $975/36=$27

I caught that too, and thought it was weirdā€¦ but they wouldnā€™t get me the papers before I sign. :frowning:
So what you mean is that monthly payment couldā€™ve been $27 less but they added up and padded like it was only $5?

You could potentially kill it right after you take delivery? There was some maintenance package that the dealer offered on my wifeā€™s Lexus lease in exchange for lowering the MF (MF was standard, not inflated, so figure it was some agreement with the lender, who knows). Anyways, it was like a $600 package that I was able to cancel right after I took delivery and got a check back for the prorated amount of like $575, so was like a rebate to me.

Huh. I looked up and it says I can get full refund within 60 days.
So if I get full refund of $975 back, that would be like $291/mo apparently!
Iā€™ll see if I can do that.

Thank you for your feedback!

But also that is interesting.
What wouldā€™ve happened if I did not purchase that plan at all?
Then my monthly payment would have been $313.48 with that wear&tear part being $0 and thereā€™s no thing to get refund or whatsoever.
But if I knew this and got it purposedly and requested for refund, it would be their loss.
What is the strategy behind this? Just thought that was interesting.

1 Like

I think the dealers get a small kickback from the company providing the wear and tear, so the dealer wonā€™t care, but could be an interesting negotiating technique, ā€œtake $500 off and Iā€™ll get this $900 packageā€ that you know is refundable

It would be! And honestly how many people would also cancel, if they bought it, could be their strategy too.
Honestly I am not sure if I should cancelā€¦ Iā€™m first time leaser and it is really making me nervous getting wear and tear outside and getting thousand of dollars billed later.
But thanks for the good strategy! Iā€™ll think about it :wink: