2019 Hyundai Ioniq Plug-In Hybrid Base. As/of 01/08/2020

Looks like MF is higher.

Just did two bases to NJ and even without the NYS rebate it was $89 all in 36/12 one is picking up the other is $650 for shipping. With $500 Allstate that’s effective $75 a month lol.

2 Likes

Will you be doing leases next year when the 2020 hellcatmegaddon leases break loose in late 2020? Put me down for one please:)

To be honest I think it may happen. I have a very good in with a local Dodge Dealer. My buddy turns in his Hellcat soon and we got that for $483 a month no money down. That was a one off for very close friend but since then he and I have pushed about 25 people through them for SRT durangos, Two trackhawks and a number of Hellcats. They tried to pay us per car but we said keep it just be ready when the deals happen again haha.

Yes Matt, that was me :grinning:

More like comparing apples to oranges, but I’ll take a $25 apple over a $300 orange any day.

2 Likes

I’m curious if Nissan will run something like this for the Leaf. Enjoy your orange! I spent more than $26 at a juice bar this morning!

Last base model in silver dealer wants it gone.

NY, NJ

$59 for 36/10 w/plates due at signing

$500-650 to ship downstate or out of state.

NJ this virtually makes the car $36 a month with Allstate. First to reply gets it.

Update: And she’s gone.

4 Likes

I found a dealer that had one and they were only a 20 minute drive so I went to check it out. Fortunately they had it pulled around front so I was able to check it out by myself. I obviously didn’t drive it, but I was pleasantly surprised. I emailed the sales guy back to get a quote and he came back with the following.

$1000 DAS
10k/36: $183/mo with tax
13k/36: $194/mo with tax.

This is in CT. That doesn’t sound absurd given the CT tax and fees, but it’s not to the point where I feel compelled to bite. Now that I’ve checked one out, I think I’ll shop the couple of other dealers and see what they can do. They each only have one, though, so that’s not in my favor.

I keep trying to get prices on the limited, and no dealers in my areas will tell me over email or phone.

I am not a trusted hackr, but FWIW:

As far as I can tell, the $2500 down is part of the stated deal. But at the very least you should be able to get them to spread that out over the life of the lease, and at the very least not pay it up front.

But $2400 for taxes & fees seems pretty high to me.

I spoke with the same dealer from last week when I got that base for 105/month and 0 DAS for my mom.

I wanted their last 2 limiteds on the lot for me and my friend, and it was so hard to get them.

They were at 205 a month with 0 DAS. I said no way. Best I could do is $185 with first month up front.

I took them. They lost $189 on my mom’s deal. The sales person says she has sold 5 in 4 days, people coming from hundreds of miles away.

So I’m sure they made some money on my deal, but I felt it was fair since everyone wants these, and I got the last two. All about supply and demand, I guess.

1 Like

Long time lurker here. Went and drove one today, I agree with much of what has already been said. Especially the drop in range when the heat or AC is turned on, wow. I’m 6’4” and about 275 and was surprisingly comfortable. 1st time driving an EV and was impressed overall.

I’m in the capital region of upstate NY and messaged my local dealer when this started. Their response was $322 due at signing, including 1st month. $100/month taxes included, 36/10 for the base model. Not the hack of others but it sounded fine to me. My wife and I each have about a 45ish mile round trip commute. Gave him a deposit over the phone pending me driving it today. Should pick it up next week.

For a 3rd car/commuter it should be perfect for us.

2 Likes

Sickening deal

That’s obscene. I think that would have been enough savings to offset the loss of the CT rebate. I wonder if there’s any out-of-state dealers willing to move a limited for better than I can do here.

Don’t do it!!! Just get one from @JD81 and pay to ship the car! @Swift if they has any left :slight_smile:

What I meant by saving $10,000 was factoring gas and additional car payments. Meaning say for instance someone is leasing for $300 a month. Now they lease a car for $99. Well that’s $200 a month in lease payment savings X 36 so $7200 + gas gets you to about $10,000+ in savings.

I got back quotes from two other dealers in the far corners of the state. Both were much higher than the close one that I visited. Only one of the 3 dealers would provide the breakdown on the numbers, and it was one of the higher ones. It looks like they’re charging MSRP and marking up the money factor by 0.0005.

I worked the numbers back on the lowest priced one and assuming the same $499 doc fee and $185 for title/reg the other one was charging, it comes out to base MF and a discount off MSRP of 2%. So, they’re being somewhat reasonable. On their website they’re advertising a dealer discount that comes out to 3.7%.

Do we think a 5% discount is unrealistic? They haven’t sold the car yet at the current price, and it’s going to go up by $28/mo on Tuesday without them getting any more profit due to the expiring tax credit. That might give them some motivation to move it right now, but I’m not sure. That would bring me down to $150/mo with $1000 DAS, and I think I could live with that.

Got what feels like the last base trim in the state of CT yesterday for 180/mo with tax, tags, fees included. Felt lucky to get it after searching everywhere in vain.

Anything due at signing?

I bet that’s close to cost if you buy in NY and lose the state incentive plus shipping.