2019 Hyundai Ioniq Plug-In Hybrid Base. As/of 01/08/2020

So the salesman got back to me on the question of why he has listed MSRP on the offer and not the dealer price listed on the website. He said “The advertised discount is for a purchase not a lease.” Can I just ask the dumb question, from his perspective (and the sales manager and the dealer owner) how is that any different?

1 Like

customer cash, captive lender cash, dealer cash and just about every other incentive is highly dependent on sale type. There may be purchase-only dealer cash being applied to the purchase price, but not for lease deal (which gets several other cash types in lieu of the dealer cash), for example.

You need to be adopted first. Plus you dont have the skills to be a director. You need to be kicked off the navy and enjoy the plesantries of crack.

That is funny too. :slight_smile: or set up a charity and funnel $ through Canada.

Tax is less than that. 2000 less probably on the leased portion.

There don’t appear to be any purchase incentives available currently. What I think people are seeing sometimes is the dealership advertising with a small dealer discount and subtracting the destination fee, which is not an uncommon tactic.

The sales guy is lying, they just don’t want to discount the car. It’s up to you to decide whether you want to push for some money off sticker, but as several brokers here have demonstrated its not difficult to move these at full MSRP. Its still an excellent value.

2 Likes

Holy F! Bet you are glad you passed on that Leaf a few months back. Or was that someone else? Either way, this is one to tell the grandkids about.

630 posts and 3 signed deals. Forever people will be expecting $75/mo Ioniqs. Oh how I love LH.

7 Likes

Hi, trying to get the $109 deal in CA. In the Hyunda Website it states “Offer shown based on $2,500 due at lease signing (includes $109 first payment and $2,391 capitalized cost reduction in addition to $400 Dealer Contribution). No security deposit required.” I got a quote from a dealer stating “The $109 plus tax is $2500 plus driveoffs… Your total down payment to get to get to $109 per month is $4900.”

Does that sound right, that the $2500 is on top of driveoffs?

5k due at signing kills this. With 2.5k cvrp back, you are still going to tack on an extra 70 a month to 109 plus taxes. So with insurance etc let’s call it 200 a month.

I just test drove the car. It is nice, roomy, will fit large people easily and 2 adults in back seat with a nice size trunk. Fit finish is much nicer than my BOLT (see that GM)!!! The small infotainment screen is the downside but the virtual cockpit is nice. Exterior styling is nice and I like the blueish purple color.

But the range is atrocious. The car was fully charged and showed 110 miles. We stopped by a fast charger. The fast charger costs 50 cents a kwh. Cheaper than gas but not free. I turned up the heat, defrost etc and the range quickly reduced by another 10 miles.

At 109 plus drive off etc, this car is a pass. There was a nice elantra that the guy was leasing for 150 too.

For my Delaware friends, you rock!! Al Ioniqs should be transferred there for $25 a month deals.

In Massachusetts, offer is 110 a month all in with 1k DAS. I will pass.

Keep your propaganda outta here loser. No one cares. Also,orange man bad, lol . Moron.

They are huge inside

I was joking around with vhooloo. Lighten up. And knock off the insults, it’s not a good look.

2 Likes

I think I got an ok deal. $108ish with $999 DAS for a basic Ioniq EV from maryland. 36/36 lease. Maryland tax on the full sell price of the car, and it sucks. Wish they could add funding to the tax credit program. But the insurance kills me at ~$800/year (Erie).

1 Like

There’s probably more who haven’t posted. And, I think they’re getting snatched up by lots of people outside of this forum. I’m having trouble even finding a Limited in stock to look at, and on one that I found they told me it’ll be gone today, they will only talk price in person, and not to expect ‘those numbers people are posting online”.

There getting bought at crazy rates my dealer burned through 12 in four days and has ten others on the way.

2 Likes

What do you guys think?

1 Like

Is that $99 with $0 DAS? What’s state? Looks like NY. Seems to be good deal for NY state.

Yes, NY. Everything should be rolled in including taxes. Think this should do it.

Numbers on calc