2019 Hyundai Ioniq Plug-In Hybrid Base. As/of 01/08/2020

So you removed the driver seat and drive from the back seat?

3 Likes

I’m probably going to wait until the dealers are finished calling people who were looking and interested prior to these deal coming. Most dealers aren’t willing to play ball right now, thinking they can score a better deal. While I don’t blame them for wanting a better deal; but I feel like that should began shifting nearer to the end of month.

I do…they are pure greedy on this one. They get their money by selling the car at msrp + the manufacturer contribution…no need to triple dip and take part of the incentive too.

tenor%20(13)

2 Likes

It ain’t easy going through life being tall dark and handsome.

But seriously, thanks for the laugh. Love the simpsons

1 Like

Looks like in SoCal the window has already closed for base EVs at the manufacturer’s advertised offer. The few remaining units seem to be heavily marked up.

But if someone has to do it, better be in an Ioniq!

1 Like

Only Hyundai dealers can take a golden opportunity to build a relationship with a customer, and introduce them to new tech, and turn it into a piece of turd. It is called the anti Midas touch …

2 Likes

Ah… selling over MSRP for something more than 1 person asked in last day:) Hyundai need to always have a car to do so be it Stinger, Palisades and now Ioniq

Stinger is a Kia, but I agree with your point.

I know its been mentioned already, but if you have student loans, the $900 help can take some sting from the dealers marking up the deals:
https://www.hyundaiusa.com/special-promotions/student-assurance-program.aspx
Says only availble in CA and AZ though

Im with you, Im about to trade my mustang on a limited though.

The Base cars are seeming to be moving pretty quickly, one local dealer is out of them already.

The window to take delivery on the car to qualify for the student loan deal looks to be over.

Qualified customers who purchase or lease an eligible new Hyundai vehicle from a participating California or Phoenix, Arizona Hyundai dealership and take delivery from dealer stock between 4/1/2019 and 9/30/2019 (the “Program Period”) can receive up to a $900 student loan contribution

Thanks for sharing though, I didn’t even know they had a program like this.

Dang fine print!

One available in NY - see here

is this only for allstate customers or anyone ?

https://www.bonusdrive.com/

Just got this offer for a Base model Ionic EV, 36mo / 10k, in CA:

MSRP: 31325
Discount: 2101
Rebate: 12,000
Adjusted Price: 17,134
Taxable Fees: 650
Doc Fee: 85
Tax: 1,233
Non Tax Fee: 455.75
Balance: 19,558.60
Residual: 13,744

Tried to enter it in the Leasehackr Calculator, but feel like I must have entered something wrong, since the monthly they quoted me on the phone with $2500 down was $122, and I am trying for $0 down. Here’s my calculation,

If anyone can tell me what I did wrong in the calculator and/or if there’s any room to negotiate further, I’d love input. Thanks.

Room to negotiate - not sure. Apply for CA clean rebate (whatever that is) for $2,500 to cover your drive-offs is your way to go. And see if you can do allstate bonus drive.

1 Like

Doesn’t make sense to me neither, did you try to get the break down sheet?