2019 Hyundai Ioniq Plug-In Hybrid Base. As/of 01/08/2020

which dealer

I’m confused on how the NYS 2k rebate works. Is that part of the 14,500? The dealership I spoke with has never heard of 2k from ny . Only lease cash and 7.5k Federal Credit.

All dealers dont participate in the NYS electric program.

This dealer does according to NYS’ site. maybe the 2k is in there and he doesn’t realize.

Not all dealers participate in NYS - so please ask the dealership upfront. If they have never heard of it, then you will be banging your head against a brick wall. Check the NYS web site also…

Please also remember that the Hyundai guy who answers your phone or email is not the sharpest cookie… It’s not like he is studying medicine in his spare time and is selling Hyundai to pay college tuition (with apologies to all Med students who monnlight as car salespeople)

1 Like

If you see they are registered - you will have to guide them how to do it. It’s not a first time when one of LeaseHark users have to teach dealership.

I guided the GM at the dealer im working with. He told me that there being directed to keep it.

2 Likes

Dealer applies the rebate at point of sale in New York State towards the deal and they receive the money directly from NYSERDA.

1 Like

Let the shenanigans and 3 card monte tricks begin. Now you see the rebate, now you don’t. Look no hands …

1 Like

Regarding MD, I hope I can still apply for the rebate even though the money from the state is exhausted, in the hopes they get more and start working through the backlog?

The game in NYS with these rebates seems to be that the dealers get stingy with pre rebate discounts, when one really has nothing to do with the other.

This comes as no surprise. This is the main reason why i advocate against point of sale rebate. If the dealer see it they will want part of it and will get it by giving you less msrp discount or incentive. I understand this is to help the poor and encourage their participation but all it does is give the dealer an arbitrage opportunity.

2 Likes

CA Quote on Limited Trim 15k a year
$395 DAS
$395 Monthly @ 36 months
No details behind the quote

Yep. Starting on the 15th you need 200 miles of range to get the $1500 and there’s no longer a $2000 tier.

“Incentive Amount - EPA Rated Electric Range
$1,500 - 200 miles or greater
$500 - Less than 200 miles” or phev

…and…
$5,000 Any fuel cell”
For every 1 fuel cell car 10 low to mid range evs rebates are wasted. Nice job, Big Oil!

Meanwhile I think there’s literally ONE publicly accessible hydrogen fuel station in all of Connecticut…

So-Cal or Nor-Cal? I like the limited a lot more, but don’t need 15k a year. Would you care to share the dealer?

So-Cal dealer.

It’s a sucky deal…won’t get much better at 10k miles.

I went in to take a test drive at lunch today. My biggest worry was that I wouldn’t fit into the car (I’m 6’6"). Now that I know I can actually drive it I’m gonna start prepping myself to push the button on this lease.