2019 Hyundai Ioniq Plug-In Hybrid Base. As/of 01/08/2020

Also your in NYS so tax is not done correctly I believe. We pay all the tax upfront on leases.

1 Like

Signed up to ask this question, does anyone know if the MD tax rebate ($3,000) is post sale? If so, I would have to agree to a lease with $3k down to take advantage of this as the leasee?

Was trying for a zero down (first month only) with all taxes fees rolled in at signing on base model, and getting only to ~$199 a month.

Thx

NYS will pay tax on lease upfront, plus tax on CCR plus tax on NYS incentive. So expect to drive off with a hefty bill of 3-5k…

Most rebates are post sale and you do not need to do 3k down to be eligible. The money is yours no matter how you structure the deal as long as you respect the lease duration and registration parameters (typically 36 months)

Thx, OK, I was mistaken it seems, in MD it is a tax credit similar to federal incentive. So as leasee I won’t see this, but Hyundai as ‘first owner’ would.

Driving off for $199 seems OK to me with all fees and taxes (6%) amortized over the term of the lease (36mo) but not sure.

Take that offer, what’s next submit or buy now?

You can take the offer but it won’t clear finance due to the obvious glaring omissions…

A Maryland excise titling tax credit of $100/kWh of battery capacity up to $3,000 is available to buyers and leasers of qualifying
new plug-in electric vehicles whose purchase price does not exceed $60,000. The credit is effective July 1, 2017 through June 30,
2020 and credits are processed subject to the availability of funds. Business entities may also qualify for the tax credit on up to ten
vehicles

maryland credit is an excise tax credit which goes to YOU as the lessee. rejoice!
The downside is that this car does not qualify for 3k. It only has 28KWH battery, so 2.8k, but what’s $200 between friends?

1 Like

Post your numbers/contract or better still, input them in the calculator and we will help you sharpen your pencil for a bite at that Juicy Lemon…

Pick up!!!
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I will have numbers later today, their first offer was $999 off MSRP and I asked to get that to $1800 to get monthly from $212 down to below $200 so… we will see. Thx for the help, the tax credit of $2800 as leasee (regardless of lease terms negotiated) seems too good to be true.

im in NY, how do i get it?

The tax credit in MD is subject to funds, which have currently been exhausted. Hopefully they put additional funds into the program.

Finally got around to calling the dealership after not getting emails back. I was offered $120 a month all in with $999 down over the phone in Connecticut.

I pointed to the $79 a month advertisement with $999 down on Hyundai USA that led me to the dealership. The salesman actually found the advertisement and read through it. Said it didn’t include taxes, fees, etc.

I responded asking how fees are $1476. $120 minus $79 = $41 times 36. He was stumped and said he would call me back. I’ll see how low I can get it.

Couple questions:

1. In Connecticut/North East should I go for the limited because it has the heater?

2. What should I be aiming off of MSRP?

1 Like

That’s very easy in CT
dealership document fee $700 (or thereabouts)
DMV $300
VIN Etching $199
Sales tax on the rebate is the rest I think.

I didn’t think about sales tax on the rebate. He could only think of $8XX in fees.

I’d say you might be better figuring out CT rebate submission process as I see it involves dealership work also - it may be some argument on their part if it’s included or not in the rebate from Hyundai :slight_smile:
Also, are they giving you any discount from MSRP?

Any Tips for avoiding for all the BS fees the dealer will try to tack on? I don’t want to lose at this game.

Ask politely to remove BS fee :slight_smile: Some fees you can’t remove.
VIN etching and Nitrogen air filled tires are garbage.
Document fee even thought by itself is garbage it is not easy to remove it.