2019 Honda CRV EXL FWD - $292

I was just offered the following on a 2019 CRV EXL lease… any feedback???

MSRP: $30,795
Sale Price: $27,500
Incentives: $1,250 (college grad and loyalty)
MF: 0.00069
Residual: 61%
Term: 36 months, 12k miles

Due at signing: $379
Payment: $290/month (35 payments)

(Effectively $292/month for 36 months)

Any thoughts? Seems like it’s a pretty good deal.

Discount is mediocre. But if you’re happy with it go for it!

If you plug your numbers into the calculator and assume the same % off MSRP, you’re ending up with a very similar deal as the one I got except you’re paying you’re paying more than a month’s payment at signing whereas I was able to pay absolutely nothing DAS. If I were you, I’d counter-offer with them paying your first month’s payment and seal the deal. There’s really not much more wiggle room for dealers on those CR-Vs beyond that… and if they do budge any further, they’re clearly losing money for a monthly dealership incentive. You could wait another week and see how low they’re willing to go, but that’s a gamble you have to decide you’re willing to take or not.

I’m confused, you said discount is mediocre which is true However what about the monthly payment?

You posted another deal someone else received recently, which isn’t too far off from what the original poster received on their monthly payment.

Am I missing something?

You are not missing anything. Your monthly is great compared to the other deal posted. Your car has the leather seats and upgraded mmc along with the more advanced cruise control. It definitely is a better car for the similar monthly payments.
Meanwhile I would recommend you to purchase the car instead of buying. You can sell the car to 21k or so in 3 years which will be a few k cheaper than leasing it.

Yes, as usual, you are. This is why you can’t monthly payment shop.

The tax rate is tremendously different. 3% vs almost 8.
The term is different. 12k vs 15k.

If OP got the same selling price discount as the deal I referenced for his term and his tax rate, it would be approx. $50/mo cheaper than what he has now.

But keep blindly shopping ‘monthly payments’ guys :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

What would be my play to try and get a better discount? Edmunds and Truecar both said the suggested sale price was $28,000. What are my leverage points to try and get it lower?

I’ve contacted 5 dealers in my area. 1 gave me this deal. 2 said they couldn’t beat it. 1 said they’d match. I’m still waiting on 1.

Do I just play up the one who said they’d match it?

Edmunds and TrueCar sale price is a pretty good validation of ‘mediocre’. Like I said if you’re happy with it take it, but it’s not spectacular.

Email the sales managers and tell them you’ll sign tomorrow at a similar selling price % discount as I referenced. Ultimately you need patience, persistence and a motivated dealer.

Gotcha. So in your references deal, the buyer got about a 17% discount. In my case, that would come out to a sales price of $25,560. Or about $2,000 below what he’s currently offered me. Is that realistic? I haven’t seen a sales price that low for a EXL on these forums so far.

I am the biggest fan of leasing, but the CRV is definitely one of those vehicles you buy. No matter how good of a deal you are able to sign, you are going to throw at the very least a few grand into the wind (likely more for most). These things have such a high resale value (and get snapped up quick), just makes more sense to buy with these kind of discounts and current interest rates. I was calculating a few of these CRV leases I have seen pop up the last week or so in the $300 range, compared to purchasing on a 60-65 month note (3.19%). For just a hundred bucks more a month, and add two years of payments, you own it. The refreshed 2020 should be announced in another month or so. My guess is Honda Sense standard across the board, new front end, tail lights, tweaked power train and more colors. Hoping to see some 4-6k discounts on these 19’s. At those discounts you could drive one of these for around a hundred or less a month selling between years 3-5.

Why don’t you get numbers from broker, and then show or tell the numbers to dealer? Eventually broker gets cars from dealer. Those numbers always doable.

If the broker fee included in the monthly you can go with broker too.

What is the lowest sales price you have seen on this vehicle? Aren’t Edmunds and truecar within 97%+ accurate on shopping sale prices?;

And going back to my last post, you mentioned tax rate being tremendously different, that’s something the OP has zero control over, so finding a monthly payment not too far off from the lease you posted is pretty solid in my opinion.

I’ll admit I shopped monthly figure and did Extremely well, even today I believe one person might have come close to my monthly figure, so yes I shop monthly. I’m going to do a lease for my friend these next 2 months and hopefully close a very good deal.

Just signed a deal on this car… ended up with an effectively monthly payment of $272. I posted it in the deals section for anyone interested in seeing the details.

1 Like