2019 Ford Mustang Ecoboost -- Did i get Good lease deal or need to Negotiate more?

If you’re set on a Mustang for whatever reason, financially it makes the most sense to buy one slightly used. They depreciate very rapidly for the first couple years and the lease rates reflect this. Ford gives them no help.

An effective payment of almost $700 a month for a $35k 4cyl Mustang is one of the worst lease proposals I’ve ever seen on here. You could walk into a BMW dealer, have no idea what you’re doing, and come out with a vehicle twice as expensive for that payment. And if you know what you’re doing, two of them for that payment :rofl:

3 Likes

Hey man I think this is a good idea. I took a quick check online and found a bunch of 18’ ecoboost premium mustangs for 22-26k. Seems damn good given just a year ago they were selling for 39k!

You could pick this one up at an even LOWER price financed and still have about 10-15k equity after its paid off

1 Like

Your best bet like has been said is to buy used and sell a couple years down the road. Will be cheaper than a lease.

I have bought and sold several Mustang GT’s since 2011. My last 2 I ordered and got stellar prices and sold within 2 years for right around what I paid, maybe $1k than my purchase price.

1 Like

Good point here too - GT’s hold their value exponentially better than the bottom engine models.

Or check out a V6 Camaro, my mom got a convertible one that was a year old with 12k miles, literally half price from new. That V6 is bad ass too, 335hp.

The V6 Camaro with dual mode exhaust sounds great, but visibility in that thing sucks!

OP if you wanna lease a cheap pony car look into the Challenger, they lease much better than the Camaro and Mustang.

that’s not a pony car… smh

Challenger with a Pentastar…might as well recommend the Accord Sport here :rofl:

Oh go on…

challenger = muscle car, but the v6 one is like neutering the car :man_facepalming:

So is the ecoboost Mustang and turbo 4 on the Camaro. Technically they all fit into the term of Pony or Muscle car. To me it’s not worth it if it doesn’t have a V8, but that’s personal preference.

What would you call the 2.3l Mazda derived ecoboost 4 cylinder engine in the mustang then?

A travesty…

Hi Makaveli,

Haven’t tried Corvette but surely will check on those also now as many ppl suggested corvette in this thread and will work on that too…

Thanks so much for suggestions.

Got your point …

Sure …let me browse through all those…Thanks :slight_smile:

agree on the v8

Here is how they define Pony Car : “An American class of automobile launched and inspired by the Ford Mustang in 1964. The term describes an affordable, compact, highly styled car with a sporty or performance-oriented image.” … A Pony Car is small, and a Muscle Car is somewhere between mid-size and full size.

1 Like

a car that’s confused, doesn’t know if it’s jdm or a pony car.

if you want more room and practicality a scat pack is a better option but with the new c8 Corvette coming out you should be able to get a good deal on a non z06/zr1 vette, they also look extremely sharp for a roughly 60k car.

In that case none of them are pony cars, none of the current three are compact.