2019 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium

Yeah I have zero lust for this car. Maybe like $150/mo and I’ll consider it…working on regional dealers.

Down to $280/mo 0 DAS on a 36/18k. Looking promising.

This dealer initially said $380, I told him to give me a breakdown since it was significantly higher than others, and he claimed it was a typo and should be $280 :man_facepalming: I’ve never heard that one before lmao. Still want a breakdown.

2 Likes

The problem I see here is not with the deal. It’s that night when you get home and realize you’re stuck with a Ford Fusion for 3 years.:rofl:

1 Like

Not stuck my friend, this man always has a plan. I wouldn’t agree to a zero drive off cap cost higher than what Carvana would immediately offer for it. Which is UNBELIEVABLY LOW for a car with an MSRP of $37k. So this probably won’t happen, but I think it’s possible.

4 Likes

Well played, sir. Well played.

1 Like

Or flip it to an unsuspecting Ford dealer? But I’d imagine they’d figure out the ruse once they called for my payoff and refuse to play along :rofl:

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?sourceContext=carGurusHomePageModel&newSearchFromOverviewPage=true&inventorySearchWidgetType=AUTO&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=c27658&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity2=c27658&zip=48114&distance=150&searchChanged=true&modelChanged=false&filtersModified=true&sortType=MILEAGE&sortDirection=ASC#listing=251650460

Seems like a lot of effort…

1 Like

My dealer’s shitty service aside, the CMax (which was the wagon version) was the best vehicle I ever leased - so much I had two. If Ford still made them I probably would have gotten another.

It’s not the fastest/most luxurious/sexiest ride, but they are comfortable, ride very nice, get up and go when you step on it, get insanely good gas mileage, and don’t seem to have any major issues (it won’t kill you, but it will have 11 TSBs for assembly mistakes). How anyone would consider the Toyota hybrids sedan over them is enough for me to have the committed.

1 Like

If they have a blue/black one I might take it.

@ chrishs2000
would you mind sending me a PM with any info? Looking for a plug-in hybrid lease and have been been beaten up trying to get a Volt at a decent price…might have to look at the Fusion instead. Thanks

Why am I PM’ing you and what info do you want? The purpose of a forum is public discourse, so ask questions in the thread.

1 Like

Sorry I figured any dealer info was private. Was trying to be respectful. I’m located in Michigan and like I said try to get a lease deal on a Plug-In Hybrid. Haven’t been having much luck with the Volt, but would be interested in any info you could share on the deal you were offered. $280 a month with $0 DAS looks way better than some of the offers I have been seeing.

Chevy stopped producing the Volt, no incentives on the remaining ones.

If you want a PHEV the Fusion Energi is the deal right now. The Koreans (Kia/Hyundai) have high MF and low-ish residual. Fusion Energi has been as high as mid-500s this year, seems to be near or sub-300 depending on mileage/residual and where you are.

The 530e is nice but quite a bit more.

Trust me, you don’t want whatever BS this Ford salesman is attempting to pull over on me. I’ve been asking for a simple break down to understand how he arrived at his monthly payment offer every day since Friday, every day he puts me off with some email excuse and doesn’t call me, and it has now concluded with this asininity. @jeisensc this is why I don’t mess with Ford :laughing:

I responded to the email and copied the GSM;

Done with attempting to hack a Ford :+1:

1 Like

Yeah doesn’t surprise me. I doubt most of their sales people can calculate a lease by hand, and they pad by ~$25 so Finance can sell product. My favorite Ford run-around is “we don’t have a MF we charge a modest rent in % which is easier for the customer to understand”.

How ever incompetent their sales people, service is worse.

1 Like

Ah yeah I forgot about Ford using APR and not MF :man_facepalming: Anyway same difference. I’m 99% sure he just made up a number.

1 Like

No face palm: they assume that employees at Ford dealers can’t divide/multiply by 2400 (math is hard). Pretty sure their sales goals arrive as a custom sized advent calendar with a tiny piece of chocolate for every car sold. When the chocolate is all gone, they get their stair step bonus. Also they only have safety scissors.

:joy: FWIW I believe that Ford actually calculates leases differently and that the rent charge is not calculated like everyone else calculates it. But yeah, if their sales guys are just making monthly payments up, there are issues.

1 Like

My guess is he did not realize/remember you were out of state when he gave you the numbers. But needing to run credit makes zero sense - if he needed your full address to calculate the right information from their desking tool, that is all he had to ask for.

I deal with out of state dealers all the time, because Seattle, and its the first question that gets asked to ensure that taxes/registration/fees are all correct.

1 Like

Anytime I talk to an out of state dealer, when it gets to lease calc: here’s my City/State/Zip/Tax rate should be 7.75% on the payment. I try to make it as idiot proof as I can. I’ll even recap residual/MF/incentives as I’ve had that get confused from 1 email ago.