2019 Corvette Z51 C7 1lt

No doubt!

In 28 months I’ll be right in line to get one as well!

1 Like

A couple of things to note here for the OP.

The original car you posted is a Z51. That is a big difference from a base stingray. Pretty sure Kerbeck is all out of Z51s so if you want that performance you would need to step up to a Grand Sport

The reason the car at Autonation, if it is the one at Valencia, has been on the lot so long is probably because it has some options most don’t really want to pay for, like a PDR for $1700 bucks and another 1K in LPO add ons. For that price most people probably just went Grand Sport 1LT for 68-68K MSRP

Couple of things working against you on the C7 being “outdated” vs C8. First the C8 has been plagued with production delays the latest of which is the factory shut down from COVID. That with the fact they have been sold out for over a year anyway has them selling at 10K over MSRP if you can get one. 2021 will probably sell out at MSRP

Not many C7s left and dealers know now that supply of C8 is limited and are not going to give away their last C7.

Also consider you are getting 84 months at 0%, that wasn’t available in December and is a huge discount if you finance the whole nut.

So not saying good deal or not, just consider some of the other factors if you really want the car because if it sells, there isn’t another coming in to replace it for a long time.

And yes the C8 is fantastic, but I promise you if you drive that Z51, it will bring a smile to your face.

3 Likes

Too bad corvette lease program have ended :frowning:

1 Like

Right? No more leasing…

1 Like

Hello,

Yes it seems to have a few extra features increasing the price and I believe there are hidden dealer add on fees. Yes I have seen a grand sport or to out of state in a good price range but I think im either better off getting 1/2 in socal or getting a base 1lt with only auto.

Its tough one but I have two on the lots I have made an offer on so I am waiting to see if they call me back.
Would you recommend a lease? but I believe RV is like 40%

That 0% APR is great and a huge savings, but at the end of the day 0% APR doesn’t help with a big deprecation hit I will have.

You are right about the Z51- very worth it in terms of price and fun and very limited. Only two in CA left

let me know

The 0% is a better deal no matter which way you look at it. It’s not like they have specific lease incentives which could possibly sweeten the deal…

Personally, if I could find a manual GS in black or blue I’d be all over it. Unfortunately it seems the pickings are slim right now so I’m 99% prob just going to get a Z4 m40i

You could always ask for a better deal. They are looking to sell cars.

I don’t know anyone there. I was just aware of better Corvette deals from a few dealers.

Also for what it’s worth, some of the Corvette forums get dealers posting Corvette deals. You may want to check some of them out. Also some of the posters on Corvette forums buy way way too many Corvettes and know who to deal with. It’s worth searching for the forums and asking some of the forum members where to get a deal.

All we talk about on this forum are BMW’s.

1 Like

I don’t think leasing is an option as GM ended support for the 19s. You may find a bank but probably not a good deal, especially with the 0%.

I think if you like this car, no point in trying to buy out of state and ship because any savings would be negated by shipping, and then you have to worry about damage in transit.

So as far as the price, they are at 12% and you want 15%, that looks like about a 2K delta, offer to meet in the middle at 1K, that’s about 12 bucks a month more at 84/0%

I know this is a leasing site and I know, grind to the end, but in this case someone might come by and buy it, so if you want it, I would go for it. It is a Z51, local, auto, some cool options, and you only live once.

Ok well I agree with your help! I think I will pull the trigger before 5/31 to lock 0% APR rate. I think your advice is really convincing. There are two left so I told my self I have until one of them sells. I think saving that 1-2 will help in 3 years when I sell it. Yeah Out of state isnt that great to really save at the end of the day

HAHA i was in a bmw M340 but to lease versus own this corvette and it was pretty much the same monthly payment

For some of us, it is not a good thing that the quintessential American sports car looks Italian… :wink:

My understanding from another forum (and, no, I don’t recall which one) was that the $60K base price was artificially low and that GM was planning to hike up the price significantly over the next few yrs. Of course, that was all pre-pandemic, so who knows?

1 Like

Finding a $60k Corvette C8 could be as hard as finding that $30k Tesla. While they are selling well there won’t be many base cars at all. Oh sure they’ll sell a few just so they can say they have a $60k car. But just try to find one.

This is true of any popular vehicle when they first come out. Years into the model run is when the lower trims are readily available and the discounts get big(er)

True true. I can definitely see that viewpoint. But hot dang the Italians may not be good on the reliability front, but they seem to know how to apply some style😁

My impression was that Chevy will likely hike up the base price for Corvette. But, I agree w/ you, the base car at any price is going to be tough to find right now.

Oh, yes, I think Ferraris are gorgeous (at least now; the cars from 1-2 generations ago left me scratching my head). And, to a certain extent, all mid-engined sports cars are going to look somewhat similar. But I think Audi and Acura (w/ the first gen NSX) did a good job of making their cars look distinct. And sort of like Cadillac and Lincoln; they making their cars distinct from the Germans.

At any rate, back on topic… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just an update but the car sold, someone here must have got the deal but I went to another dealer and they wanted to sell me this car with this paint chip on it!? They pretended like they didn’t know it was there: what are your thoughts?

Thoughts on what man?

Some will say have them fix it, others will say it’s preposterous, take $5k more off the deal!

At the end of the day, you need to decide if you’re comfortable with the deal and if them fixing it is worth it to you.

Everyone here will have a different opinion but the only one that matters is yours.

4 Likes

I had them fix it then call me back when it’s done. I didn’t ask for more off sticker they wouldn’t budge any more before hand. So I didn’t think they would now.

Do you think I should still ask for money off once it’s fixed?

That is a common issue on C7s having the paint issue right there. Have them fix it and do a deal. I have a c7 z06 I factory ordered new from Macmulkin

1 Like

Ok I appreciate your advice and what a beautiful car congratulations. Would you recommend asking for more off? They already told me I was at their bottoms after two weeks of calling them.
I just want to hear from the pros, this is my first new car haha

1 Like