2019 Cadillac Escalade 4X4 $888/mo

Well if he’s just making up numbers, that changes everything :sweat_smile: That’s a good question - @mindscape9 where are you at?

1 Like

To add, I think OP should also check 27 month numbers vs 24

Hey Guys, so some comments:

First - thank you all so much for contributing to the thread. Just reading through the comments is huge for my education.

Second - honestly, I am not 100% set on this car. Its for my wife, and she actually wants a Volvo XC90 Inscription. She is driving the Escalade now, and one reason we’re thinking of moving to the Volvo is to lower the payment. So going from $892 to $888, probably isn’t enough of a justification to jump on this. So to be clear, the back-up/walk away point is basically, can I get it for cheaper than a T6 Inscription XC90? Problem is, I am not really sure what the all in numbers on a T6 Inscription are since I was waiting til Jan to start looking/negotiating.

The 24mo lease works well for me. I originally signed a 39mo because it was slightly cheaper, but now that my lease doesn’t end until Feb, I find myself feeling like I am going to miss out on end of year deals/incentives + chances to get a good deal on previous model year stragglers/loaners. So 24 months from today, would actually be great for me.

Based on what he has shown me, the only discount they are offering right now is the $5800. Everything else is an incentive, and he is asking me to roll the remaining 3 payments into the lease. He is NOT applying the pull-ahead - the 2676 is in the lease payment. That seems shady to me.

Also, I am in Georgia. This is partly why my last payment was so high. GA used to charge tax on the full purchase price on leases. They changed this rule a year after I got my last lease.

1 Like

You should just lease a XC90 before the programs change.

IDK if Volvo’s bank follows the calendar month or allows dealers to use it through the weekend after month-end.

1 Like

The more people here reference it as a comparison point, the more new members are going to use it.

1 Like

Ahhh. Wish I had not mis-read and caught this earlier. You saw it on the dealers website… They have a habit of listing all rebates… (surprised how they didnt list EMS and Firefighters rebate)
The Lease Loyalty for GA is $2000. and for purchase loyalty is $3500, so no idea why they have $3000 (maybe old) and CCR is only $1k
So yes there are no $16k rebates

2 Likes

I didn’t really negotiate anything, and he’s come back and offered me the following:
MSRP: 87,140
Discount: $8000
Rebate: $11000
Adjusted Price:68,140
Doc Fee: 689
Tax: $1231
Non Tax Fees: 843
Net Price: 70,903
Trade Payoff:2676
Balance: 73,579

Monthly - $785, $0 drive off, dealer covers 1st month, $700 Costco

Well look at that. Almost 10% discount with no effort. I should be a broker, but then I’d have to tell everyone that their mediocre deals are great because 1% something or other :slight_smile:

Go in and tell them you’re firm at 12% but have an appointment to go to at 6PM or whatever and see what happens. If this discount was easy, keep pushing until it stops being easy. GIVE THIS COMMUNITY AN ESCALADE UNICORN.

I am still questioning that trade payoff because my local Cadillac dealers are showing 3 month pull ahead on their site…maybe a quick call to GMF and ask them?

FYI the dealer is not covering first month. A sign and drive means the first month is rolled into your cap cost.

4 Likes

ahh, ok - when he first showed me the deal, he had a 5K discount and said “i’ll cover first month” and bumped the discount to $5800, so that’s why I kept saying that. Makes sense that they would just add it in somewhere else.

I just talked with him and he said that the pull ahead is something that is “eliminated” with the 11K rebate he is giving me. I have no idea if that is true, but given that I can only find the $11K (8+3 loyalty) for purchases, i am not sure what to think. I still pushed him to discount another 2600, whether through pull ahead or additional discount.

With that large of a discount and those massive rebates, you might have immediate positive equity in it from Carvana or Vroom. Find some used 2019s and pop their vins into their appraisal forms to see what they offer

1 Like

What is the benefit of paying $2676 and give the car back versus paying $2676 over the next 3 months have the car?

Has your wife driven the slade? Lots of people who want crossovers (like a XC90) don’t want truck-based SUVs and vice versa.

I don’t think there is a huge benefit because I am not over miles or anything like that. I think right now, it is just about if I can make the numbers work. Guessing that it may be hard to get 19K off of MSRP in Feb when my lease expires and all the 2019’s are gone. Could be wrong though. That’s why I am still seeing if I can get him to take that off of the payment

This is how you know dealers are holding out on everyone when several of us start using 1% as a metric. :rofl:

2 Likes

yeah - that’s true. We have an Escalade now. This would replace the current car.

DELIVER US AN ESCALADE UNICORN AT ALL COSTS. Please.

7 Likes

haha… what is Unicorn worthy? I’ll shoot for that

1 Like

For an Escalade, hell yes.

Put the VIN into Carvana with 5k miles, whats the value?

2 Likes

I think it’s mostly discount at this point. The rebates are not that big. OP himself has mentioned now, The $8k +$3k is for purchases. Using Atlanta zip, lease incentives add up to $3k only. ($2k loyalty and $1k CCR)
Unless they have some massive incentive from manufacturer? Unit objective etc. makes one think, how are they covering that $8k gap.

1 Like

lol. Oh Ok, but now don’t miss the point that its not almost 10%, its close to 19% based on corrected rebate information?

1 Like