2019 Cadillac Escalade 4X4 $888/mo

Hey everyone,

Wanted to see if I could get some feedback on this deal. The dealer is is offering a 2019 Escalade, Luxury 4x4 on a 24/10 for $888/mo, with a true $0 drive off (they are covering the 1st month).

Here are the details:
MSRP: $87,140
Discount: $5800
Rebate: $11,000
Selling Price: $70,340
Tax: $1392
Doc Fee: $689
Non Tax Fees: $843
Net Price: $73,264
Trade Payoff: $2676
Balance: $75,941

He says money factor is .00024 and residual is 64%.

Total lease payment would be $20,424 + $595 disposition. I also am a Costco Executive Member, so should be able to get a $750 rebate in the form of a Costco Card.

What do you think?

So they’re paying off $2600 worth of your old lease / trade? Costco gift card is $700 not $750

Yes - I currently have an Escaade that is 892/mo and it has 3 payments left on it.

Cadillac has been offering me pull ahead of $3K, but he said that he got some “conditional” cash that increases the 4K to 10K which is why there is an $11K rebate.

Thanks for the note on Costco.

One note - on their website, I see that they have 3 discounts listed:
Cadillac customer cash - $8000
Model Year End Discount - $5000
Cadillac Loyalty - $3000

That already totals up $16 of the $16.8K that he is giving me off. It does say that this is for “cash purchase” and I am leasing, but not sure if that makes a difference with these incentives.

Take it. Thats a pretty good deal for the Luxe.

Really? I feel like he could get a much stronger selling price discount. This payment is driven by the massive rebate.

@mindscape9 is that the base MF? Cadillac dealers loooooove marking up their MF. The elderly never have a clue!

1 Like

Thanks! Yeah - he did try and mark up the money factor originally, but when I called him out on it, he pulled it down to the appropriate number (checked via Edmunds).

I’m kind of feeling like he could be more aggressive too. It seems like a great deal, but I know that they are really aggressive now because of the navigator and other models that are making this class super competitive, but just wasn’t sure.

2 Likes

Before rolling in negative, close to 7% discount +tax is being paid upfront + Trade payoff of $2676
Cant expect a less than 1% deal on these.

1 Like

I like you way too much to see you use the “1% rule”, I am disappointed :man_facepalming:

When have we seen an $11k rebate on an Escalade and an MF this low?

Personally I’d be beating for a 10% discount but that’s just me.

He’s still above GMS pricing…this was as close as i could get to MSRP;

2 Likes

If you account for the payments they are covering, he’s basically at 10% or 9% and change, it’s not a pull ahead right?

I am not using that as a general reference. The majority of new members that come here are using that approach. If this was a BMW deal, its definitely not good. The fact that this is a GM vehicle even getting a 1% deals is hard.
Again, not using a set guideline, just a reference.

It is.

@mani_is_kool we should be better than the noobs :slight_smile: You may sell to the general population but the goal of this forum is to strive for better deals.

How many dealers have you gotten quotes from? Sounds like there’s still some money left on the table, but it just depends on how hot these things are if anyone wants to play, maybe hit up cargurus for an old stock unit

At least with how the market is here in Midwest, I’d shoot for 10 % off before incentives and call it a good deal.

1 Like

Im saying because I actually worked on a deal for this on the 4th of this month for personal friend (not even a client) and it was well above this. Granted im in Florida and dealers are a mess here, it was still not attainable for under a G.
My comment is based on my experience with this exact vehicle. With limited inventory now, it would be a shame for OP to loose out on a great deal based on comments read here.

I honestly wasn’t even looking. He just called me up a couple of days ago and we started going back and forth, Since I only have 3 months left on the lease, I thought I would entertain it.

Based on what you have seen, would something like this be something they would entertain:

MSRP: 87,140
Discount: $8000 - I bumped this to $8000. (based on Chris’s post) Currently it looks like GMS pricing is around $8200 below MSRP. I am sure GM wants you guys to make money on supplier pricing, and I am adding in a couple hundred bucks on top of that too for profit - I know you guys have to make a living.
Rebate: $11000
Adjusted Price:68,140
Doc Fee: 689
Tax: $1080
Non Tax Fees: 843
Net Price: 70,752
Trade Payoff: 2676
Pull Ahead: -2676 - based on the website, it looks like there is $16K worth of cash on this model: 8K customer cash, 5K dealer discount, and 3K Loyalty. I’m not sure what is conditional on that, but I’d love to add the pull ahead in as well - you sure that the pull ahead won’t stack?? That would make it a no brainer for me.
Balance: 70752

Monthly - $680
$0 Drive off (1st month covered by dealer)

I used the Leasehacker calculator, but not sure I did everything right.

1 Like

Understood. What were your friend’s applicable rebates? It’s the $11k that’s driving this deal, and that would be available anywhere.

I doubt OP would lose out on a deal simply by negotiating, being the last day of the month this would be best suited for a telephone or in-person discussion. Being afraid to fail rarely results in a good outcome.

I really don’t see this discount as anything special, and I’d be willing to bet that any Cadillac dealer would do a 6.7% discount in a heartbeat on an in-stock unit. But that’s my personal opinion and I’ve never worked with any FL dealers and don’t know the stock levels down there. In Michigan we swim in Cadillacs :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Doesn’t the pull-ahead just mean GMF is waiving those last payments?

I would imagine you’re double counting the pull-ahead if you’re walking away from your current lease (ie last 3 payments waived) and then stacking actual cash rebates as a “pull ahead” into your calculator

Honestly if you’re 100% set on this car I would take this to the telephone or in person. Not enough time for emails and with ~8 hours left in the month they’re going to be focusing on serious customers only if they need to move a unit.

Have a plan for your negotiation as far as what you want for a selling price discount and what you’ll settle for and stick to it. Don’t talk about monthly payment whatsoever until you have an agreed selling price.

Also have a fall back - send your current offer to every Cadillac dealer within 100 miles and tell them to call you if they can beat it. But always give the first dealer you’re working with priority and don’t screw them over a couple bucks.

The pull ahead doesn’t factor into the new lease, it’s simply GMF waiving 3 payments. It won’t be on the contract or in the lease calculation anywhere.

1 Like

$3k conquests, $2k CCR. That $8k OP is mentioning, At least for FL, it is for purchases not for leases.

LOL That explains it. Of course you guys get the better leases for GM. Im not sure if OP is also in Michigan but a $6k difference is quite big of a spread.