2019 BMW X7 xdrive50i NEW not a loaner

Can u share more detail @m3teg

I am currently working on this car MSRP around 95k I offered them 859 with 7msd with 0 at das 10k miles since bmw will pay 2 monthly payments I decided not to pay das

They counter offered me 1100 with 1k down I didn’t bother to respond but today they asked me how they can make this happen and get you into this awesome vehicle

Stop payment shopping

1 Like

Yes stop payment shopping please

Just make an offer of selling price!!

This is all i say when negotiating w/ dealers
“Can you sell the car at this price before any incentives?” Or can I get x % off msrp before any incentives?

Tell them you will sign TODAY at 15% off MSRP (pre-rebates) with buy rate MF. That’s the way to go, IMO.

I definitely agree about the payment shopping thing, but honestly some dealers are just so set in their ways that talking about anything but monthly payment is like talking to a wall. In those cases, and where I thought there was potential for a deal in the end, I started talking their language and simply discussed DAS and monthly payment. Of course, in the background I knew all of the details to make that happen, but at that point I was simply letting them work out how we got there under their own terms.

Just watch for shenanigans on all the undefined things. Even if they grant the pre-MSRP discount, buy rate MF, they can still tack on dealership adds, high doc fees, etc. etc.

If I were an informed buyer and knew what the dealer fees and other fees were, and the dealer decided to tack on BS dealer add-ons I would just walk. Simple as that.

Believe me, I have felt the same. But I will tuck my tail between my legs and swallow my pride if the deal is worth it, LOL.

I agree, depends on the person you are dealing with. Till this day, lot of the salespeople have no idea how the numbers are working and they are simply the pigeon between you and the manager. And if you are working with a manager, a lot of the times they dont want to waste time over emails or text over each and every fine detail. Some maybe having a good day while others maybe just too busy or hate dealing over email due to past issues

i actually got it last week of march hence higher money factor and residual, with covid and being home so much can’t even remember months anymore… lol

97800 build
my payments actually 867 inc nys tax and aqu fee
15k miles
$1234.50 upfront first month, dmv, doc fees

below are the closest i got to my exact numbers

I agree with everyone else, don’t shop payments. First question i got asked at the dealer i went to what do you want the payment to be. I told them to give me and offer which was $1051, i told them i want 10800 additional off bringing my payments in my head to $750, they countered with $6600 off. Which i thought was close enough at 867. I thought i was getting a reasonable deal.

Love your DAS. $1,234.50

This is a 4500 mile loaner. Not really a direct comparison to a new vehicle…

Looks like you’re at about 18% pre-incentive by the time you account for the marked up MF. Definitely not a bad deal, but let’s at least compare apples to apples

Agree with your statement.

@m3teg OP got close to 15% off MSRP on a brand new X7. I say they did pretty well.

@m3teg @mllcb42 and @Akrkwk310 Thanks for suggestion of negotiating % off MSRP or selling price. Easier to compare deals as a lot of times the MSRPs are not identical. Question, how do you compute dealer participating into equation or comparison. Just compute as % of MSRP and add to % off? I appreciate feedback. I am in market for E350 and have various quotes at 15.7-17.3% off MSRP. But one dealer is contributing $739.71 to the deal with would take him form 15.7% off to 18% off if I compute it as % of MSRP.

This is why you isolate pre-incentive discount. Pre-incentive discount is 100% dealer participation. Everything else is from the manufacturer.

This is strictly my view (especially since I tend towards 24 month leases anyway…Much past that and pretty much all BMWs are going to need tires), but I absolutely will prefer a demo/loaner over a brand new car pretty much every single time. After the first month or two with a 0 mile car, one has the equivalent of a demo/loaner, and then the remaining 22 payments have come at the new car price. At the end of the lease term, whether it started as new or loaner/demo ends up having no effect on the value. It’s just age miles and condition.

Sure, a demo is going to be a better value almost always, but that doesn’t mean it’s a legit comparison to say “I got so much better of a deal on my car” and then neglect to mention the part that one is a loaner and one is a new vehicle. Likewise, using loaner lease prices as a comparison for new vehicles gets you nowhere.

I certainly understand the viewpoint. I just know when I walk up to a BMW with 20 miles on it, or 2000, I can’t tell the difference between them, LOL. I have found the dealer flexibility on a demo/loaner to almost universally be so much better than a new car, I honestly can’t remember the last time I even pursued something that was not a demo/loaner.

Hey, there are some people that hate being in the same room as some else’s farts.

The biggest issue, of course, comes when you want a vehicle configured differently than what’s available as demos or when the dealership takes poor care of their demos. I looked at a XC60T8 loaner when I was palisade shopping and probably would have got it if it didn’t have scuffs on the outside, a curbed wheel or two, and an interior that was bathed in armor-all.