2019 BMW X5 X40i Lease help

I’m going to be brutally honest and address the elephant in the room…

If 5K fluid cash makes or breaks your business you may need to revisit your choice in transportation needs.

1 Like

That 24% off is misleading because having 6600 demo miles, you take an additional 7% RV hit, the miles adjustment and don’t qualify for any rebates anymore.

2 Likes

That and the fact they won’t share dealer info makes sharing the “deal” useless.

I’m sure though that the discount was only that level to compensate the major RV hit as current incentives don’t even get you that far.

1.Didnt mention the dealer because i got it from a broker here as I said. There is no “they”. Haven’t seen brokers openly state who they work with in public as people do try to undercut and go direct. This was really an attempt to respect that here on LH. I am not a broker nor affiliated with stellar in any way. No skin in the game no money to be made etc.

2.The 5k fluid cash comment is irrelevant completely as well as the transportation part.

3.The discount may be considered misleading if you so desire. I am aware of the RV hit. There are no reasonable incentives on the car as is so no loss there. People shop for the payment on here and throw in full MSD to make it as low as possible. Payment is fine for the my19 x5 50i m sport in my builld, feel free to critique the deal if someone did better.

I was going after the car and didnt care demo or not, as I can it swap it out without a problem and everyones car becomes a “demo” after they take delivery and need to swap on secondary market later. It is all about the payment at that point. My broker buddy in NY couldnt come close on a new unit build with same specs when I got mine.

Can you breakdown how that is a 7% RV hit? Isn’t the formula .25 * 6300 equaling $1,850 - wouldn’t that be roughly 2% on a $90k MSRP?

The only way I get to 7% is $1 per mile.

TIA.

Also, I see an $80k X5 50 for $699 here brand new:

If a demo has over 5k miles, BMW lowers the RV by 7%, plus does the mileage adjustment [(6600-300)*.25] and disqualifies it for all rebates.

1 Like

740 before tax without MSDs and 2600 das per the calc. Nice 14.5% discount on new unit. So certainly deals are possible and should get better.

Put in my msrp at same discount, come out to the same 860 870 with regular das prior to tax.

I look at everything with MSDs, to not use them is essentially lighting money on fire.

So a BMW demo over 5k really becomes difficult to score on without a substantial discount, good to know, thanks!

That may be your personal prefference but a lease is a liability not an asset, and MSD shouldnt be treates as an investment of any sorts. When people talk about MSDs as some kind of a magical rate return, or like you say light money on fire, they keep forgetting about the time factor and opportunity cost. inflation does exist, funds can be used for any short or long term opportunity to make a lot more money than the theoretical rate, liquidity of your lease drops 90% and the whole point of getting a “hacker” deal is to have a liquid contract.

Why not take the MSD money and throw it at the principal of your mortgage. The amount of interest saved will dwarf the MSD rate gain.

1 Like

Huh? So you’re saying that the whole point of getting a good deal on a lease is to swap out of it? I’m sure there’s a few car enthusiasts on here that do that, but this is far from the norm.

1 Like

To each his own. The only negative of a lease to me is a long term contract. Just like with the money NOT used on MSDs and in my possession, I like having the ability to jump at any opportunity.
New cars , better deals. I am sure if we had the opportunity to sign 6-12 mo leases, most would jump at the chance.

I do not argue that swapping is the norm, just that the concept of MSDs is not that exciting for the amount of savings monthly. Paying any other revolving or installment debt and mortgage especially will have better results.

If one is flush in assets and no debt then a onepay lease is the better option anyway

The above is my opinion

How is onepay better when it only lowers the MF by .0003 instead of .00035 with 7 MSDs.

One pay is slightly better on audi, and I believe mb.

Yes, but we’re talking about BMW in this thread.

Hi,

thank you all for chipping in on this thread.

Few questions i have,

Can i apply Loyalty, Conquest and CCA on a loaner or demo lease? Dealer mentioned i cannot apply Loyalty and Conquest together and i came across on the thread that CCA is not applicable on Loaner/Demo. Please enlighten me.

I meant in general and psychologically. The discussion has left the BMW brand in particular as I was speaking broadly.

Loyalty or conquest (one or other) can be used on demos/loaners with less than 5k miles. Once over that number, BMW drops the rebates (dealer can sometimes get exceptions from BMW). The CCA cannot be redeemed for loaners with more than 1k miles.

1 Like

One-pay is better when you can get a tax credit for it (Texas)