2019 BMW X5 X40i Lease help

Hi,

I need some help in getting a lease on 2019 X5, thank you LH and all the support from the members.

Here is the quote i received from CA dealer, on a loaner. I know they are way off but wanted to ask what would be the best questions to get back to dealer. Goal is to get the payments in lower 600’s including tax if that is a good deal which is doable as per LH? or can i get better than that? First time BMW lease, can get conquest, loyalty by including a co signer and CCA(will signup).

Vehicle: 2019 X5 40i
Region: CA Dealer ( I live in AZ -85286)
Term: 36 Months
Miles: 10,000

MSRP: $63945
Discounts: $7000
Selling Price: $56945
Residual: 58%
MF: 0.00165
Customer Cash:2000
Rebates:1295

Drive Off: $2000
Cap Cost Reduction:$1304.68
Tax: 7.8% (85286 Zip Code)
Monthly Payment (before taxes): $747.93

Pretty sure MF was lowered to 0.00145

1 Like

Following.

Yes i saw that MF is lowered to 0.00145. I will revert back to the dealer on that. Is there anything else that you can think of to negotiate or bumped up in the quote.

Thanks Again.

I would definitely go for a higher discount off MSRP before incentives…I was getting 12% off on a brand new X5…try asking them to discount it further since its a loaner, I’d pitch 15-16%

I am working on finding a dealer who can offer that discount. The ones i came across are like that’s not possible. Any dealer recommendations?

Not possible on a $64k MSRP X5 based on lack of incentives and the fact that BMW SUVs are selling well right now. Try again next summer if you want to score a sub 1% deal

Disagree, it can be done and the 19s have been around since October 2018, 2020s are coming and they will want to start moving metal. MB released their new GLE since, and Audi has a facelifted exterior (and completely redesigned interior) Q7 coming in the next 3-6 months. Pressure will start to mount, manufacturer and dealers aren’t immune or oblivious to this… Maybe they’ll try squeezing maximum profits on these for another month or two, but X5 discounts are on the rise.

Based on where he is with this dealer, might even be possible here. First off, shave the MF from .00165 to base (.00145), that was last months MF. Next, you need max MSDs. Lastly, get the dealer to shave the sale price to $54k-$55k and you should be close to where you want.

2 Likes

Goodluck getting 15-16% off a brand new X5, that is what would be needed to get in the low 600s with drive offs and full MSD for this particular car (assuming $750 loyalty/conquest). There is just no scope of a dealer going that deep on a brand new X5 which is well optioned also. You may be able to snap a base model 60k MSRP X5 for low 600s and drive offs + MSD.

You may not believe me but this is after 2 weeks of shopping around to almost every dealer in the Bay Area and multiple Los Angeles dealers along with 4-5 of the top LA brokers in the area. Lowest they came was like $830 with drive offs for a $70k MSRP car. That is too high, but expecting low 600s is also VERY optimistic…

Best deal iv seen so far was the East coast broker offering some 14-15% off on a X5 but it was a stripped down version with fewer packages.

If I was shopping around for 2 weeks, by that point, I prob would’ve touched 200 dealers, not a dozen or two.

Furthermore, I opened @BMW_Dave spreadsheet and see a $70k X5 for $688, which required absolutely zero work on my end. You prob should hit him up, as he is also in CA.

I’m going to be brutally honest, so please take no offense, but you might want revise or rethink how you’re going about this.

2 Likes

What link are you talking about…I just texted him again for updated link. It shows $632 with $2600 drive offs + full MSD for a $61,695 MSRP car…

You may want to revisit your expectations. This isn’t an end of life 3 or 4 series…it’s one of the most anticipated redesigns of the past 2 years. I’m not going to fall head of heels in love and overpay for the car but that doesn’t mean i have unrealistic expectations. I’m hoping to be at $700 with drive offs and no MSD for 69-70k MSRP X5 and I can wait till the deal presents itself. Heck if you can score that I’ll send you a finders fee, if you’re so confident it can be done.

Thanks @212hackr, your optimism keeps me going. I will check with the dealer on your suggesstions.

I agree @Parth_Bharwad its not easy, but based on what i received looks like close to possible. With other competetors catching up on new facelifts and 2020’s coming up. It would be a little wait further a month or two. Keep me in loop if you find anything interesting.

In the LH few dealers like Dave and others are coming close to the numbers you might have to reach out to them.

Might have been last months link. I’m seeing a $602 for a $62k MSRP with MSDs and $2,600 drive off. I’m fairly certain that on a $70k model at a 58% RV, you’ll be adding $93 a month to that number, still well below that $830 number you’ve scoured California for.

I’m not revisiting anything, I’m of the opinion that there is always a unicorn out there, just a matter of who is going to touch the dealer desperate enough to move the unit.

The biggest problem in the Bay Area is it seems like all the dealers have a mutual understanding to mark up the MF lol they think 2% extra discount makes it worth it. The two BMW dealers basically struck me down firmly when I asked for 12% off and base MF. They said with base MF they can’t do past 9.5% discount…pathetic if you ask me.

I see where your logic comes from. The issue I faced is they aren’t discounting higher MSRP cars at the same level. Also I need 15k miles which kinda ruins any great BMW deal. And lastly, I don’t want to use MSD. While it’s a great return on money, I need cash for my business and so I don’t see the value in tying up $5k for 3 years. Again, it’s well worth the return but not for my special circumstance. With those factors, I got the $830 quote which still sucked.

I used to live in Bay Area, i don’t like most of the quotes from them. I used to go out of Bay Area like 60+miles dealers and buy. Good luck in your find.

I have seen discounts on the new X5 12 %msrp (pre-incentives) without any negotiations. A greater discount should definitely be possible, but will require a fair amount of work, but thats the fun in it. I am shopping for an X5 myself now.

It’s also important to find a few units that have been sitting on the dealer lots greater than 30 days, then contact those dealers. As the summer goes on, some 2019s are sitting longer on dealer lots.

Here is what i was quoted so far:
Current BMW lease is maturing and need a new car. Looking to lease a loaner x5 and got my first response.
2019 X5 with the options below and MSRP of about $66,xxx.
PREMIUM PACKAGE 2

• Head-Up Display
  • Wireless Charging
  • Gesture Control
  • WiFi Hotspot
  • Enhanced USB & Bluetooth

36 month lease with 10k month.
$2300 drive off fees @ $699 /month (SoCal Tax included)

@Leasr8451, what is the price before the incentives?
We will need more details about the deal before we can weigh in.

Obtain the lease worksheet from the dealer.