2019 BMW X5 Lease

Group buys don’t work.

1 Like

How come?

Four X5’s in a single day is pretty substantial number…

Four “loser” deals spread out over a month looks better than over a day, or week.

Not sure if anyone’s noticed but these things aren’t exactly sitting on the lot for long and in certain markets are selling before they even come off the truck. The poor incentives tell the tale.

This much I understand, but if there was ever a time when they would work, it would be in December.

Sales manager told me the same…December deals could be 20% discount.

Well there is a reason December is a good time to shop.

My response to Electric was more bc a dealer might be a decent ways off from some type of annual bonus, and taking on 4 losers could make sense, only at this time of the year though.

I guess I’ll just end up waiting till December to get the car because the best I got was high 7s.

I wouldn’t pay high 7’s for an X5 either tbh, Even a 5.0. It’s a fine SUV but goodness knows we just don’t need that much car to pay that premium! :slight_smile:

there is a .4% luxury tax in NJ for cars over 45k which is throwing off your numbers. I would do new because of the $1000 CCA rebate

2 Likes

They may have to revise that. Not hard to get a car up and above that with options these days.

1 Like

Dont know what the issue is with “wont pay 700+” electric…I have no problem with my payment of 950 tax in for the build…there are plenty of much worse prices for cheaper cars out there and i personally think for the money this is the best option out there right now for the niche…I am not comparing to anything from US manufacturers as they dont have any, there is no Japanese competition and both Audi and MeBe have their offering at more outrageous lease pricing. Sat in a 19 LR HSE and felt it was outdated.

I have an msport dynamic handling 5.0 and seriously consider throwing a tune on it to get it to 600hp and sub 4 sec cheap…this is an M car in disguise with all the comfort options.

Wouldnt pay 1200 for it but every hundred $ over 6 or 700 payment buys incrementally more car…considering the cheapest x5 5.0 my18 demos here on LH never went below 650 700 for a 90k+ msrp car i dont see my19 being a sub 600 anytime soon outside of a plain 4.0 with a 60k msrp.

Btw checked cargurua today and saw 1700 40i’s on sale and only 30 50is nationwide…numbers are 60/40 on the X7s. Your guess is as good as mine.

I’ll pay 700 for X7…:grinning:

1 Like

Not enough utility in it for me to pay that much, simply said.

1 Like

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-07-02/bmw-widens-lead-over-mercedes-at-half-year-mark-with-suv-lineup

This may have something to do with why dealers aren’t playing ball on the X5 and X3 m40i…

I got my X5 today… I wanted and needed the SUV. I’ll post all the numbers next week, but I agreed to $775.00 a month
$3k down
MSRP $70,890

1 Like

Congrats, I’d take that deal also if you needed the car ASAP

Lowest I’m at is $830 with $3k DAS for a $69,xxx MSRP

Congrats! Please share pictures and final numbers.

Monthly payments seems right for the new X5

Thanks for sharing the Bloomberg article
If I were a hedge fund manager I will use this forum to predict monthly sales of the carmakers.

Based on what I have seen BMW continues to lead in the space of SUV which are the more profitable for car makers

$950 -$1000 a month and I’m in a Cayenne, just my .02.

1 Like

I thought about the Cayenne, but I personally don’t like the look of it. I feel that the look of the new X5 is so much better.