2019 BMW X5 Lease

That’s new car money.

On the one I just pulled the trigger on (640GT with 3,600 miles) it was a 1% residual hit.

He believed his GM driven demo was so great he wouldn’t even match an offer from a local dealer for an identical MSRP car but brand new…

1 Like

Unless the GM farts consist of gold dust, i sincerely doubt that.

Give him til September when the 20s are out and that 19 demo is aging, he’ll be begging you at 15%.

The same thing happened to me… I walked in to a dealer with a 12% discount and he said he wouldn’t even do that on a demo I was negotiating. The best he gave me was 6% off. We’ll just have to wait for 20s to come out to get a great deal.

Best to not waste time with dealers who want to throw out useless or uncompetitive quotes. On the flip side…if you’re consistently getting quotes like this maybe the problem is your approach.

An BMW internet sales rep told me to wait until December to get 12% discount. He is willing to wait because some uninformed buyer will take it for less discount.

This is not just hackers vs dealers…but also hackers vs uninformed buyers. We will not be able to make a good deal if there are people out there who will lease it for less discount.

That sales rep isn’t making top 10, I promise you. :wink:

1 Like

Yeah, I was trying to make a deal on X5 loaner with 3k miles…he wouldn’t budge…I was asking for just 15% discount before incentive.

Market dependent. If your market sucks? Shop another market. When I wasn’t getting anywhere initially I was ready to fly wherever I needed to make the right deal.

Bay Area dealers are giving 11-12% off but marking up MF and adding some $$ to the due at signing when you say “drive offs”

Isn’t SoCal just a 6hr drive away?

Spoke with just about every So-Cal broker and no one could beat it. Best I got was $8 less per month with drive offs

Truly the wrong time to buy an X5

I don’t expect any unicorns on X5 until LCI is announced in a couple of years. If it was in my budget, i’d be looking to give it a try but I’m not too keen on the idea of a $650-700 payment on a base model X5 (And I def don’t want the base model after having driven a new G05 5.0)

Iv found the ones around $70k are a minimum if you want to enjoy the new features and make it a worthwhile experience

The cheapest I found has been 71k with
M Sport Package
Premium Package 2

I’m not too crazy about anything else, but those features. I’m still shopping around and who knows maybe I’ll find a unicorn with a desperate dealer during month’s end.

Guys keep in mind there’s a $1,000 rebate on new X5’s from BMWCCA that you will not be able to receive on a loaner. Another thing to consider when shopping for new vs. loaner X5’s…

1 Like

Looks like my 19 demo 50i msport 93k msrp @870 before tax still sounds like a steal in comparison to the quotes I see on LH…23% discount off msrp for 6k demo miles on contract.

1 Like

I’m trying to get 15% discount…manager wouldn’t budge. He’s giving me just 10%.