2019 BMW X3 Xdrive30i Loaner Lease Review

Hey Hackrs,

I’d love some help checking out the deal below. Loaner with 4276 miles and navigation. I was pushing for 17% off MSRP and the dealer matched but said they had to mark up the MF to give me the discount which means its not actually a 17% deal :-). They’re closed today so I’m still waiting on the MF they used. And yes I know I need to have the “Starguard” fee removed ;-). Any thoughts?

2019 BMW X3 Xdrive30i Loaner
Miles: 4276
RV: 58%
MF: TBD
Inception fees DAS
Region: Portland (buyer in Seattle)

Seems like an OK deal by PNW standards. With marked up MF, your discount is more like 15-16%. Definitely nix that stargard nonsense and consider doing Max MSD.

1 Like

I was hoping you’d throw some feedback my way :-). Thank you!

1 Like

Sometimes in low doc fee states you gotta let them have the point markup in exchange for heavier discount especially when you don’t have a dozen competing dealers all fighting for your business.

Drop the stargard, and consider doing MSD’s to bring the rate back down.

3 Likes

Sound advice as always, thank you!

1 Like

So how did this shake out?

2 Likes

Heading down there this Saturday to finalize!

Did they knock off starguard?

I’m curious if they removed Starguard as well. Talking to them about a different vehicle and so far they haven’t budged on removing it.

They’ll do it if they want the sale. 99% of the time these little addendums (and not so little ones) can be knocked off completely with no consequence.

Or at least knock another $600 off the compensate.

I’m heading down to look at two vehicles at this dealer and visit some friends this weekend. I made it clear I would like it removed and I’ll report back!

Better get some Voodoo Donuts while you’re there. Even if the car doesn’t work out, you’ll have something to show for it.

4 Likes

What’s this voodoo donut you speak of? :doughnut:

Proof that g-d loves us.

Amen to that. I get them every time I’m in Portland/Denver. Crazy crazy good.

Same dealer gave me the following quote for same exact car:

MF is .00168 and they don’t want to take MSDs.

I’m also from Seattle but the taxes and fees are very different for me. Should I just send him the quote from this post and ask him to match? I’m not eligible for the extra 1250 incentive though. But the discount is 1K in @BWilson’s quote.

I thought only current BMW owners can pay MSD to lower payments. Is that not the case?

Not the case. The MSD program is back for all.

@28firefighter, any advise on this?