2019 BMW X3 lease - Due in June already over 6k miles -Advice

, ,

My X3 is set to be returned in June. I got a great deal 18% off on loaner thanks to the forum with a low payment and 0 DAS. Ive already out 6k over the allotment. What are my best option? Try to find an early trade in, just eat miles and turn in or buy?

Can’t really recommend anything in isolation. What would the replacement be?

Probably another X3 or X5.

Have you seen the payments on those?

See how much you can sell for?

Two options Buy it at the end and keep using it or sell it. Don’t return . By June you will be way over mileage and the penalty. I am sure you can get a good price in June if you try to sell it.

Just checked and vroom will pay 37500 and payoff is around ‘32500

1 Like

Yeah nothing like what I have now. Looking at the Wrangler deal on here and open to any deal I can find.

A few questions that need answers:

1. What is the cost for pre-paying for mileage?
  2. How many miles are you going to be over by June? 12k miles?
  3. What is the current payoff and RV?
  4. Do you have a second car in the household you can use?

The only advice I can give is to run all the numbers.
For example, if you were to buy it today and keep it for another year, what would it cost you? (APR finance rate, taxes and fees)

Run the numbers to determine what the best option would be.

Forget about getting an X3 in today’s market at a reasonable payment.

EDIT:

Can you confirm this by checking your BMWFS account ?

Seems right. I decide to just buy and keep is there an advantage of buying it now or should I just wait. Can I get bmw to certify and extend warranty?

I dont want to keep should I just wait until june or sell now to vroom.

1 Like

yep just did

Current payoff, right? What is the RV?

RV is 29023

prepayment for miles=.23. im figuring atleast 12k over so atleast 2700 pen.

Have 2nd car and also have very discounted corp rate with avis. I could and have rented X3 for 550 w/tax a month

Side question but what the deal with Go Lease?

1 Like

You sure you’re gonna be happy with a 4xE after being in an X3?

Find one to test drive or potentially borrow for a day. (Or rent on Turo)

Not quite sure what you are referring to. Could you clarify?

Have you checked with BMWFS whether your personal payoff you posted is the same for a 3rd party? You might have to buy it out first before selling it to Vroom (I am not sure about this).

You are right they drive like shit I would end up buying a sedan as well but lease deal looked amazing.

1 Like

I have not checked on this but I could cash buy and sale but sounds like best option is to just keep it for a while. Just need to figure out if there is any advantage in buying out early.

Wondering what the deal here is:

Might want to double-check selling to vroom or third parties. BMWFS has stopped selling to third parties, and some third parties will no longer buy leased vehicles.

Maybe consider selling to a bmw dealer or a chain/group with a bmw dealership

1 Like

No clue. What do their deals look like?

just selected 2022 X3 O down 1000 miles 576